Wife wants bigger 'fridge!

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Where do we store our films, exposed and fresh? The boss wants her fridge back as we get into the panic buying and sprout storage season, is a sealed container in the loft ok, or does in date film still need to be kept cool? or is the fridge thing only for out of date film? :rolleyes:

Others will have a view but I think all film in date or otherwise is best stored in the fridge. I recognise your issue about the premium on refrigerated real estate in both the run up and during the the festive season. In our house some of my stash will temporarily be relocated to our generally cold garage before being re settled in the new year. :)

Hope the helps

Last edited:
Garage, loft, anywhere you'd keep your beer is fine. Up here we'll be lucky to see double figures for a few months now so beer lives in the boot and put in the fridge to warm up before use. But I only keep ood film in the freezer and exposed in the fridge fresh stuff goes in a cupboard well away from the heating, but then I have a fairly limited stash.

Thanks guys, car boot and garage seem a good idea. Now got to get moving on the extension for the 300 mince pies she buys "just in case"!!

Keep them in the fridge/freezer but conceal in food related packaging? Preferably something herself doesn't like so there is no danger of her rooting it out ;)

Reactions: Jao
Brilliant idea, now can you get Marmite boxes? Or stilton the list looks great, she's on diet number 367 this year so anything remotely non healthy in a box would be cool.:banana:

A full sized stilton box would do. You just need to take a photo of the stilton to stick in the top of the box so it looks like stilton is in there and you're away :D

Well someone said that film would go off very, very, slowly no matter how you store it (probably more for colour and pro film), and heat would just accelerate it....but have never seen tests on the longevity of film when stored say from -40c to + 40c...... these tests must be around somewhere :shrug:....so a few months in a cold loft or garage is not going to make any difference.

Keep them in the fridge/freezer but conceal in food related packaging? Preferably something herself doesn't like so there is no danger of her rooting it out ;)
Briliant!!

All I need now is a foodstuffs box in which to fit 150 rolls of 35mm and 200 rolls of 120!

Aha A 'faux Turkey':LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

How long do you keep film before using it? If it's only a few months, you're not achieving much by putting it in the fridge. My film has always been stored at room temperature and I have never seen any problems.

Steve.

Bury it in the ground in a plastic box, bring it back out in Spring, just like a squirrel does with his nuts.

I have a fridge in my darkroom. It also comes in handy at Christmas with all the extra food - and the temperatures are low enough then that I can safely unload film etc. anyway.

if you have a garden you could bury it perhaps, ground wont get very warm now, and only the top bit does in summer anyways

if you have a garden you could bury it perhaps, ground wont get very warm now, and only the top bit does in summer anyways

Bury it about three feet down and it will be the same temperature all year round.

Steve.

If you bury your wife you don't have to worry about space in the fridge. :eek:

......but you would have to bury her at least 6ft deep.....

:coat:

Loft, garage, garden man-shed, anywhere like this. You are in the UK, aren't you?

Fine - until she spots the use-by date and dumps the lot in the bin :)

Back