Wildlife Photographer of the Year

Having followed the competition for a number of years, including buying the books, I have to say I was underwhelmed by this years winners.

Looking forward to the traveling exhibition getting this far South and West even if it will only be the UK one.

Some excellent images in there, both artistically and from a perseverance/timing/luck perspective showing animal behaviour.

You can see a much broader selection on the NHM website:

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/whats-on/temporary-exhibitions/wpy/onlineGallery.do

Agreed. The winning photo seemed more 'artsy' than the traditional wildlife photo.

That would be a good thing would it not? I suppose they could give it to anyone of a billion photocopy wildlife record photos taken every day.

So we don't like it when a photograph has no back story and we don' t like it when it's art and does.

We may as well all give up now then.

Seeing them on an actual computer screen made a big difference. That crocodile o e with all the baby crocs is pretty awesome.

Seeing them in the flesh as decent sized prints will be even better.

Not a big fan of the winner I keep wishing the elephant in front of the camera would move so I can enjoy the scene. Takes all sorts though!

Some of the others I really like particularly the crock one which is a great moment!

Got shortlisted, didn't make it to last knockings tho :(

Some great pics especially the snow monkey

Back