will OM manual Lens work on DSLR?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi everyone

I currently have a Panasonic FZ8 which is great but I'm looking for the next step up which happens to be a DSLR. I also have an old Olympus OM20 with 3 different types of lenses, I was wondering if its firstly possible to use these lenses with a DSLR, and secondly would I encounter any problems like image cropping.

I am currently looking at three different makes of camera these being Olympus, Pentax and Canon, so the old OM lenses would have to be fitted on to one of these makes if its possible. I seem to remember that you could get adapter rings for just this sort of problem, but it has been awhile, technology has moved on some what and I'm a little bit out of the loop

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Chris

I 'think' on an olympus adaptor you can keep af confirmation but thats it (my mate has an oly) not sure about the others though

I use an adapter with focus confirmation to use my oly lenses on my canon 40D No problem. But you have to set the aperture manually.

thats cool i didnt think you could get the focus confirmation to work on a DSLR using an old lens

thanks for the reply, very hand bit of kit by the looks of it, plus it looks very well made as well. everyone seems to use canons, i have never owned one my self, are they really that good?

Hi Chris

I have bought quite a few old Zuikos for my Canon cameras. This is the best thing i have bought. Cheap adapter of Ebay. Works like a dream, made me see the shots better instead of just snapping away.

Check my Flickr or ask if you need any info

Lee

EXIF is the data recorded onto the image such as shutter speed and aperture etc.

i got my adaptor off ebay for under a tenner if i remember rightly. remember to get the focus confirming version though.

Back