Will Sigma 10-20mm fit on Full frame

Name
Graydon
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Anyone know if the Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM Lens, described as 'Canon Fit', will work on a full frame body? I checked Warehouse express and the specification says 'Canon EF' so I would suspect so? Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

Sigma DC = EF-S, DG = EF

Yes Sigma do the 12-24 F4.5 5.6 DG but that will be much wider than the 10-22 on a crop senser.

I'v heard talk that the Tokina 11-16 will work on FF at 16mm, can't remember the details though.

I have a sigma 10-20 which does fit and work on my 5d, but is only really useable from 14-15mm to 20mm as the vignetting is really heavy at anything less than this. Made me make the switch to a 17-40L which i have not regretted.

The vast majority of non canon EF-S lenses will work on FF or 1.3 but show vignetting at some point. The Canon EF-S lenses will cause the mirror to crash into the back of the lens but this doesnt seem to be an issue with the rest.

B->

It fits fine on a FF, but it becomes a completely different beast!

A few samples from a 5dII:

at 10mm:
wa5_003.jpg

at 15mm:
wa5_004.jpg

Also the focus distance is much reduced, could get a sharp picture at less than 10cm which made for some interesting detailed shots. I added some more vignette to the last one to soften the one caused by the lens, but the outline can still be seen.

The Canon EF-S lenses will cause the mirror to crash into the back of the lens but this doesnt seem to be an issue with the rest.

They would, but they don't physically mount onto FF or 1.3x bodies, so they can't.

Tokina 12-24 mm is fine on FF at 18-24mm with NO black corners (hood off) - hood on - 19-24mm I used to use one but sadly changed for 17-40 which is no sharper and more distorted

Back