Critique Windmill on the Hill

This could be a nice picture but for me the colours are too gaudy. :(

Looks nice, rich colours with nice light, sky not blown out etc... I would however, darken the grass at the bottom, it looks like it'd glow in the dark, and fights with the building for the main interest.

The second edit is much better although I would probably crop to a panoramic ratio and loose the field and cows at the bottom of shot.(y)

lovely scene Chris, For me I think halfway between the two, there are some stunning autumn colours in this picture and its a shame to loose them altogether,

Geoff

I would agree, somewhere between the two colours wise would be good. Looks like you've got a bit of barrel distortion as the field seems to curve up at the sides!

The second edit is much better although I would probably crop to a panoramic ratio and loose the field and cows at the bottom of shot.(y)

Yeah, those damn skinny cows! ;)

Agree with this though. Foreground is a little cluttered. Will be interesting to see a different crop.

I think there the little known of Racing Cows. Years ago they used to be first in first out of the milking parlour ;). (Barbour jacket off).:exit:
Second edit is better IMHO, while PP is always a matter of taste, it also depends on what editing software people use, and i know it can be more difficult to be subtle with some software, if you get my meaning.
Although i find the second edit more natural it would be nice to pick up "Some" of those Autumn colours to the right of the mill, but without cooking the rest of the shot.
I do find the small trees along the bottom of the shot a bit distracting ( i have noticed this in some of my own photos, and vegetation in the foreground i seem to find a distraction, so i have made an effort to avoid it, a personal thing!).
I like the heavy clouds and the light picking up on the windmill (What a shame she no longer has her sails) lovely warm light brushing across that clearing, and the trees on the horizon. Ideal place for a windmill looking at the wind rattling through the trees.

Lovely Scene, Have fun with the PP Chris!

Back