Windows activation issue...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys
My daughter is having major problems with a new pc bought from CCL. I will just not activate, We have tries sysprep to no avail, and a given product key, but it still will not activate.. It is totally impractical to get it back to CCL, so my question is: will a clean install, and new product key solve this issue?

I`ve googled but can`t find anything that helps, so i`ve come to you guru`s for some aid :)

Does this help

It seems that you can activate via a phone call if internet activation unavailable(not working?)

This page walks you through the various activation code errors by error number

PS
Have you tried reaching out to CCL to ask their advice?

Last edited:
1634752079884.png

1634752109540.png

1634752299170.png

These are what she`s been getting back, from the various attempts.

View attachment 333510

View attachment 333511

View attachment 333512

These are what she`s been getting back, from the various attempts.

From the page I linked above the error code has a link to this page

As this was a CCL built PC, it makes me wonder if they have cocked up the PC maker pre-install (assuming that is the way 'they' still do it?) and /or mis-supplied an already 'supplied key??? I wonder if @Compuwight would feel able to give any insights???

From the page I linked above the error code has a link to this page

As this was a CCL built PC, it makes me wonder if they have cocked up the PC maker pre-install (assuming that is the way 'they' still do it?) and /or mis-supplied an already 'supplied key??? I wonder if @Compuwight would feel able to give any insights???

I do think that`s the way they still do it, considering the sysprep email I got.

It will probably still be fully functional without activation there will just be a little nag message.
It would be awful if you accidentally googled kms activator

I am a firm believer that if you purchase something and it does not function then your first call must always be to the supplier, its for them to resolve !

Any attempts to resolve yourself (albeit with well meaning helpers) is likely to make the matter worst and give the supplier an OUT !

I would suspect an incorrect key, did you purchase a licence with the PC, there should be a COA (Certificate of Authentication) on the side on the unit.

I re-iterate contact CCL for a resolution and do not take NO for an answer. Option to return within 14 days if purchased online...... always get a better response

Good Luck

I am a firm believer that if you purchase something and it does not function then your first call must always be to the supplier, its for them to resolve !

Any attempts to resolve yourself (albeit with well meaning helpers) is likely to make the matter worst and give the supplier an OUT !

I would suspect an incorrect key, did you purchase a licence with the PC, there should be a COA (Certificate of Authentication) on the side on the unit.

I re-iterate contact CCL for a resolution and do not take NO for an answer. Option to return within 14 days if purchased online...... always get a better response

Good Luck
I would think it’s “not fit for purpose” and could be rejected anupyway but sledgehammer/nut a phone call should solve it.

Good Luck
Cheers mate.

They are trying to help, and it looks like I'll have to get it back to them. Albeit not vert practical, but hey ho.

It came with Windows installed, but they must have forgotten to do something.

Sysprep basically resets a PC as though Window has just been installed ready for the customer once it's been built and tested.
Did they supply you with a produc key?
The likes of Dell imbed the key into the BIOS so you never have to bother about it.
Did you get a genuine copy of Windows supplied with it?

It would have been an OEM key this system usually works Ok and should be known to microsoft even if you have to do a full reinstall.
I have had problems though even after retrieving the embedded key before doing a reset but then not accepting that entered manually (which you shouldn't need to do)

@hashcake
Was/is an OEM pre installed.

We so far have been given 2 keys, both of which do not activate. Been given today, one more, then a suggested re install. After that it will be the long winded pita, of sending the packaging up to Norwich (where she is), and then arranging for it to be collected from there. We shall see what happens next.

CCL, giving their due. Are trying to get it sorted, and returning it to them is the last resort.

Frankly this is absolutely ridiculous - and having to send the computer back to get Windows activated sounds beyond insane!
There used to be a way on YouTube to activate any Windows 10 with a COM script - I can't give it on here because I'm sure it violates Microsoft's TOS but it does work.
And I can buy any PC on Ebay and these days they all come with Win 10 Pro activated - even on PCs costing £100 or less.So how a (supposed) reputable dealer makes this kind of C**K-up is beyond belief.
I suspect they may have attempted to embed the key in the BIOS and somehow screwed up.
Good luck with trying to get that sorted out.

@hashcake
Was/is an OEM pre installed.

We so far have been given 2 keys, both of which do not activate. Been given today, one more, then a suggested re install. After that it will be the long winded pita, of sending the packaging up to Norwich (where she is), and then arranging for it to be collected from there. We shall see what happens next.

CCL, giving their due. Are trying to get it sorted, and returning it to them is the last resort.

It seems like perhaps sysprep has gone wrong.
I remember the odd occassion where customers couldn't get Windows to boot so I had to support them and help get it installed.
Have they supplied an OEM copy of Windows and the driver disks?

I suspect they may have attempted to embed the key in the BIOS and somehow screwed up.
I would expect CCL to be using third party motherboards in which case they have no control over the BIOS.
The likes of Dell have full control with their BIOS hence imbedding the keys into the BIOS,

It seems like perhaps sysprep has gone wrong.
I remember the odd occassion where customers couldn't get Windows to boot so I had to support them and help get it installed.
Have they supplied an OEM copy of Windows and the driver disks?

No hard copies of Windows, unfortunately. She`s going to try a clean install from the windows website, and see if any of the keys given, work.

Back