Windsurfing on Fuerteventura

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
First attempts at this type of photography; not as easy as it looks :D

I'm currently in Fuerteventura on a week long holiday and Flag beach is just around the corner from my Villa. I took a walk along this afternoon to grab a few shots of the surfers, here is the 1st one I processed.
Nikon D3: Sigma 70-200/2.8 with 1.4x TC.

Comments welcome, Gary

Fuerteventura-watersports_0013-900p.jpg

That is kitesurfing, different sport ;)

That is one of the few kitesurf shots, not showing the kite that I like. The colour of the water is great and the second rider really adds to the composition.

lovely exposure & subject Gary, but i'm a bit confused?, you shot with a D3, 70-200 2.8 zoom + converter AKA f4 giving you a possible 480mm f4 at the long end but you chose F9 @ a shutter of1/400th!!. How far out where the people?. If the shot had included the Kites then I would agree this was IMO a correct choice, but as it focuses on the participants then I feel an isolation approach would have been better!. Kind regards Graham.

Thanks for the comments, after processing this shot I went to the bar so feeling a bit rough this morning :D
The subjects were a fair bit from the beach; as it's really windy the spray was coming in fast so had to shelter a bit behind a dune to save the lens from getting gummed up with salt water. I'm going to revisit this and get a kite in the shot next time.
Yes, it is Kite surfing, apologies for getting it wrong.

Gary

PS: Here's a view from my Villa to upset you all ;)

Panorama1-900px.jpg

Back