Wingham

Name
Selena
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't been able to get out as much as I'd like this year but I paid another visit to Wingham yesterday. The wolves were especially photogenic :)

I can never avoid the fence with this jag so I've had to push the contrast so it doesn't look as washed out. Unfortunately that's burnt out some of her face but it still looks better than it did.

CG6A2447
by S.Chambers Photography, on Flickr

CG6A2415

CG6A2349

CG6A2335

CG6A2260

I love this expression :D

CG6A2189

Cheers for looking :)

Cracking set Selena :)
Tis a real shame about the black cat though.
Not a lot to be done, processing wise, without getting the wire"in the way" is there?

That Lynx is stunning (y)

Tis a real shame about the black cat though.]

for a moment I thought you were going to say yours was blacker :LOL:

I agree though, although it might be possible to recover it in photoshop / lightroom , perhaps by cloning a less contrasty shot (the only sure fre way with wire is to get the front element up against it - which isn't a great plan with big cats as they will try to hook you through - ive personal experience with the marwell panthers trying that on a photoday where we had cross safety barrier access

Thank you Chris.
No, it's a shame but I can't avoid the wire unless she's at the back of the enclosure and then she's usually sleeping.

It's actually a caracal, similar ears but a lot smaller. He is gorgeous. I think they have 3 but I've only seen 2 of them the last couple of times.
Their original pair were related though so they may have separated them when they brought in the newest male.

Another one of him

CG6A8096

No way would I be getting that close to her, Pete! :D Lions and tigers are fine though.
I got close enough at WHF but the one at Wingham threw herself at the window when I walked past once.
She was locked in the bedroom at the time as they were slowly introducing the male so she might have mellowed now.

I thought it didn't look quite right for a Lynx, but it didn't look like the
images of a Caracal that I had taken either ;)
It had to be one or the other, trust me to pick the wrong one :D

Its still a great image (Both of them) (y)

Ooh l didn't know they had a black jaguar at Wingham. Must pop down sometime ;)
Love that first wolf picture, the rest are brilliant too(y)

Never had a big cat try to hook me but I have seen photographers so engrossed in setting a shot up that they haven't noticed a tail go up and have been well and truly "watered"!

Can't pick a favourite, they're all good, even the Jaag although the wire has done it no favours.

Thank you guys.

Luckily I've never had that but one of the tigers at WHF has a reputation for it :D
I'm going back in June though so maybe I shouldn't tempt fate :/

Lovely images Selena.

How can I live in Kent and not even know this place exists??

Guess I'll be taking a little 25 min drive on Saturday :)

A real nice set there Selena, with the 2 caracal standing out for me (y) Love the expression of the last wolf too :D

Never had a big cat try to hook me but I have seen photographers so engrossed in setting a shot up that they haven't noticed a tail go up and have been well and truly "watered"!

That's happened to me at Paradise with the White Lion!

Lovely set, The Caracal and Puma are cracking pics. I do like Wingham but always have the same problem with the Black Jaguar. It would help if they painted some of that fence black!

Really nice set my favourite is the caracal perfect got him looking straight at you:)

Back