Winter Mountaineering in a Sunny Scotland

Name
Alastair
Edit My Images
Yes
hi,

It has been a while since I have posted any photos, but with the runup to winter starting I have been getting excited and going back through last years pictures.

1) Firstly, a photo of mountaineers climbing Tower Ridge on a spectacular day. We climbed tower ridge the day before, and this day we had climbed the uber classic Point Five gully.

Climbers on Tower Ridge with the Cuillins in the background
by Alastair Begley, on Flickr

2) The traverse of the Cuillin ridge in summer is regarded as one of the best mountaineering routes in the country, to get the chance to do it in winter in perfect conditions was pretty special

Walking along to Sgurr na Bhairnich

3) The classic Aonach Eagach ridge with some university friends. A slightly less sunny day, but still with fantastic views and in great condition.

Aonach Eagach and Glencoe

For those that may be interested here is a link to my winter summary blog post: http://www.masterplan-mountaineering.co.uk/2013/04/unbeatable-winter-season/

thanks for looking

Alastair

Last edited:
Fantastic Stuff Alastair - lovely distant clarity on the Ben shot.

You've covered 3 of my favourite scrambles in this thread so thanks for that.

Getting to that time of year again so I can't wait.

Fantastic Stuff Alastair - lovely distant clarity on the Ben shot.

You've covered 3 of my favourite scrambles in this thread so thanks for that.

Getting to that time of year again so I can't wait.

yea, 3 fantastic routes. I had an amazing winter last year, looking forward to this season but I think it's going to struggle to beat last season :(

Really beautiful and well photographed set Alastair, The 3rd one is particularly good with the human interest..

Geoff

hi,

It has been a while since I have posted any photos, but with the runup to winter starting I have been getting excited and going back through last years pictures.

1) Firstly, a photo of mountaineers climbing Tower Ridge on a spectacular day. We climbed tower ridge the day before, and this day we had climbed the uber classic Point Five gully.

Climbers on Tower Ridge with the Cuillins in the background

2) The traverse of the Cuillin ridge in summer is regarded as one of the best mountaineering routes in the country, to get the chance to do it in winter in perfect conditions was pretty special

Walking along to Sgurr na Bhairnich

3) The classic Aonach Eagach ridge with some university friends. A slightly less sunny day, but still with fantastic views and in great condition.

Aonach Eagach and Glencoe

For those that may be interested here is a link to my winter summary blog post: http://www.masterplan-mountaineering.co.uk/2013/04/unbeatable-winter-season/

thanks for looking

Alastair

Back