Wireless transfer from camera to pc

Name
bryn
Edit My Images
No
Hi All Happy new year ...can anyone help, im after some info on a wireless transfer set up from my canon 7d to a pc laptop,
  • does anyone use ,
  • have any kit,
  • or can simple suggest any good but affordable options,
on how i can invest in this procedure to help me cover events and photo sessions ...many thanks

Eye-fi

Hi, sandisk do a wireless sd card reader, maybe worth a look? About £35 on Amazon. Or an eyefi sd card?

Assuming its a 7D and not a 7D mkII, you cant use an SD card, only a CF.

not quite...

you can use a CF - SD adaptor which i have used quite successfully with an Eye-Fi card in a few canon cameras which take CF cards only
the biggest problem is wifi range it can be down to a few feet with some cameras
iv'e been trying to get around the range issue using a portable wireless bridge with varying amounts of success but nothing that's made it worthwhile yet

not quite...

you can use a CF - SD adaptor which i have used quite successfully with an Eye-Fi card in a few canon cameras which take CF cards only

Quite right, I forgot about that possibility. Its something I haven't done as I have always been concerned at the possible loss of data through using adaptors as opposed to using the CF card that it was designed to work with.

Quite right, I forgot about that possibility. Its something I haven't done as I have always been concerned at the possible loss of data through using adaptors as opposed to using the CF card that it was designed to work with.

i havn't actually lost data using a SD - CF adaptor but i have to say it's not an entirely glitch free method and the transfer can be a little shaky sometimes
i tend to set mine to transfer each image as it's taken but it's not 100% reliable enough to do so causing wait states while it decides if it is going to send or not

my conclusion is the Eye Fi cards are a bit of a toy i wouldn't want to have to rely on it to make me money

Wireless is slow and flaky generally compared to any physical connection.

Personally, I wouldn't bother :/

My experience with eyefi is that it isn't a 100 PER CENT thing anyways

Toshiba FlashAir is very good, no need for a local wifi network so works on the go. Use it in our RX100 with ease, transfer to mobile with app, transfer speed about 2MB a second, so takes a few seconds to transfer a jpg photo. Can also transfer video. Has built in web gui, so can use webrowser to view and download files :).

Back