WMCF 25m Time trial

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
Following last years disaster at photoing the Tour of Britain, we decided to have a go at the time trial today, cycling is a tricky subject to capture, anyway here goes.

_DSC2335.jpg

_DSC2321.jpg

_DSC2306.jpg

_DSC2295.jpg

_DSC2278.jpg

As always crit welcome​

Last edited:
#1 is taken from slightly too high an angle, cylists always look better taken lower as they look larger in the frame and you get a good facial expression.
#2 #3 & #4 I like, my favourite being #4 as the angle is good and dynamic.
#5 is a little too small in the frame and the face is not as sharp as the rest of the shot, the riders always like a sharp face in the shots.
Where you have got it right is to get some good clean backgrounds with no distracting road furniture, which is where some photographers go wrong.
Another point from the cyclists is to take the shots from the chain ring side of the bike as they like the look of that side.

Thanks Sarah, all I can say is these lads are fast and only give you a second to capture them, if you miss you are lucky to get a ass above a wheel, anyway thanks for commenting its much appreciated.

Pete

It is faster than you think, it just takes practice. I used to get alot of mised shots, but now aim for at least 5 of each rider & then choose the best from that lot to put on the website.
I was shooting a road race today, which can be even faster with the groups going past, only a 3 lap race, so not so many chances to catch them.
I like the last shot you've just put up, my hubby who races says it is the sort of shot he would buy. I might be just tempted to use a bit of dodge tool very lightly on the shaded side of the face to even it out. But lovely & sharp & smooth.

Last edited:
Back