Women's Rugby World Cup day 1

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
A sell-out crowd at Guildford for the Women's Rugby World Cup day 1 yesterday.

I kid you not when I say that the way these ladies play is pretty amazing. England and New Zealand were particularly aggressive, and Australia had 3 player sin-binned.

I0000W5Gtui3D77c.jpg

I0000egwz5aD5z0c.jpg

#3 USA supporters
I0000DNVFN6s.XrM.jpg

#4 Lady Haka
I0000QqEQPplc0UY.jpg

#5 Have it!
I00008FZ9LGYGMQU.jpg

I0000HCn2oy2ZPe0.jpg

I'm very pleased with my new/old 400 2.8 which blurs the background most beautifully, and is fabulously sharp. I sent a small selection of pics up to the papers on spec from pitchside using 3G and via the nice media centre that they've set up using WiFi. As per usual, captioning for rugby is a nightmare as the players only have numbers on the back of their shirts as opposed to footie where they've got a number on the front of their shorts too. Lots of scanning for the right player, getting "back shots" which you've then got to find later etc etc.

More on the blog or the full set in the archive.

great shots... agree with the captions... i end up taking twice as many pics at rugby as wait for players to get up and show there backs after a shot i think is worth keeping... i know others who use voice record etc..

great coverage(y) , I'm a bit worried about the "lady" in #3 (white er! top?):D. Kind rewgards Graham.

I was watching some of this last night - some of those "ladies" are pretty good, by boy do they play rough....

Like 2, 5 & 6. The expressions seem to say it all really. Guts and determination. Not my kind of rugby any more but might just have to watch some of this.

Back