Woodland portrait

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
3513207365_794b984895.jpg

Constructive critique welcomed

I like it sharp in all the right places, with a nice soft background, eyes look a bit odd but its probably me I've been up a while now......

Wow them eyes!

Perfect picture! (y)

Thanks for the quick and positive comments.

I get a lot of comments on his eye's in my other photo's of him and get asked if I have done lots to them to make them look like this but all I do is lighten them a little bit. He has got his mothers wonderful eye's so they tend to stand out and any changes in colour or cross processing of the image tends to change the colour of his eyes dramatically.

the saturation needs reducing a little for me, the eyes and lips don't do him any favours. I had a quick tweak in LR2 (hope you don't mind) - quite like this...

532230677_EBZZz-M.jpg

lovely shot, the t shirt to me looks a little burnt out at the top round his neck, have u done anything to the colour of his lips? it actually looks like he is wearing lipstick to me.

The loss of detail in the t-shirt was a result of the cross processing I did, it was there in the original. However the detail that was there was distracting, with the processing the lack of detail in the t-shirt I find leaves the viewers eye's searching for a focal point and so locks the eyes onto the eye's of the my boy.! IMHO :)

the saturation needs reducing a little for me, the eyes and lips don't do him any favours. I had a quick tweak in LR2 (hope you don't mind) - quite like this...

Sorry but for me the edit you have done has lost all saturation and colour and as such loses the focus on the eyes and in fact burns out a little too much of the picture leaving it a bit soulless.. but of course that is my opinion only. thanks for commenting though and taking the time to give your perspective on my photo. it is appreciated. :)

I love it, could you show us the original before processing and go through your processing steps please? I would love to learn how to produce portrait images as good as this.

Thanks Inaglo. you are right I didn't want a overly excessive look to it. any more and it starts to look odd.

another fan of another of your shots :)

I like how the simple backgrounds work just as (if not more) effective than some fancy ones I keep my out for. What lens and settings did you use for this shot?

Also agreed the processing has only enhanced the image and not overly done, very subtle and controlled

Back