Worcester Races

Some nice shots there Lesley, I find the last shot very appealing (y)

Hi Gramps Thanks for your comments.
It was a good day for a change.
The last shot I have got what I was aiming for (appeal) but think I need to get the Cathedral just a little more in focus, Going to have to see if I can get a slightly different angle to take out some of the white boarding.
Still will have another go at it on wednesday when racing on again.

I like those a lot, with the slight exception of #2 due to the background, but there's little you could have done about it.

#1 and #5 are great scenic shots, and I think that you've got the DoF spot on in the last.

#3 shows precise and superb timing, as well as excellent composition.

#4 is good, but it would have been improved with a touch more headroom (and less grass) and a fraction more space for the lead horse to move into. If that's uncropped it's a good shot, but shoot slightly looser and give yourself a bit of room for adjustment! :)

Many thanks for your comments Guys much appreciated

I am going to get my head around which way to turn lens for zoom though ie no 4 needing more headroom yes I was so busy watching legs turned lens wrong way lol, or revert back to using the Cannon lens.

It was such a suprise to have bright sunshine but be warned racing on Wed so expect rain Lol.

Hi .. feedback and only my opinion

1. Don't like backs

2. Horse on the forehand , never looks good .. to me it looks like it is about to fall over.

3.I like three , you crop tighter but that is personal preference .. also like the sky , don't seem to get them a lot just blank white ones.

4. I like this one , yes maybe its a little tight on the last horse , but if your subject or customers horse was the first , then no problem .

5. I like this too .. but try to get some light in the eye ... it would bring it alive .

I hope you don't mind the comments , but this is how I learn .

Lovely set...especially the last....lovely that you managed to squeeze in the Cathederal!!!

Thanks for your comment, points taken on board Roy.

Thanks Tom getting the Cathedral was the aim, have more of similar taken on Wed that Ive not looked at yet but more leaves on trees and being an evening meet less light so will have to see with those.

Oh hey fellow Worcester photographer! I like the 4th one best. That one has the greatest sense of the excitement of a close race in my opinion :)

Back