World Cup Downhill Mountain Bike Finals - Schladming, Austria

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey up! :wave:

Thought I would share some pictures from last weekend at the World Cup Downhill Mountain Bike Finals in Schladming, Austria. It was my boys first World Cup Race and the second time he has worn the British Cycling Shirt.

So we'll start with one of the only photos I took of him: This is him in practice;

9729_160822328427_755978427_3701829_1032672_n.jpg

#2 This is a rider dropping in at the start of the course. It was a fast part of the course and more than one big name buggered this up at some time during the weekend. Not due to it being difficult, just the pressure of racing. I like this because riders will know this is the calm bit before all hell breaks loose when you hit the braking bumps, etc.
3939952293_d769cda9b9_o.jpg

#3 Sabrianna Jonnier on her way to win the overall title. She only came 4th in the race though.
3939952275_019e17dc8a_o.jpg

#4 Peaty. I had the flash/shutter speed set up based on other riders that had come through this section. The blur is a testament as to how fast he was this point. He only managed 7th though.
3939952703_4307a7323f_o.jpg

#5 The winner. Sam Hill only seconds away from clinching the race win and the overall. He was 3 seconds ahead of the Kiwi rider Sam Blenkinsop and a joy to watch on a bike. Well done to him!
3940731302_eff34ba420_o.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

(y)

I would never consider myself qualified enough to pass comment on the technical aspects..but IMHO, as attention grabbing images, these are (as always), excellent. 3 would be the one I'd most like to have taken and 5 has a real feel of the event to it

Hey up Gary... :D

First up big congrats to your boy and his wearing of the national shirt... :clap:

Great images from what looks to be an exciting and very well attended event... (y)

Did you 'fly' over... :naughty:

:p

firstly - you lucky sod for been there!! watched it live on TV and looked some nails sections... nice one for your lad.. not many people can say they race world cups!

and PEATY!! the legend! :)

for me shot 2 is very nice and 5 is stunning :) the peaty shot is funny just showing how fast he really is!

relay nice set! :)

bob

great stuff (y) Well done to your lad :)

Your girl had a decent weekend too, wonder which one's going to end up costing most though :LOL:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. (y)

Your girl had a decent weekend too, wonder which one's going to end up costing most though :LOL:

Aye, she is doing well. Funnily enough the horse is technically in the black (on balance sheet) but we will have to sell it to realise a profit. :LOL: Were you taking pictures? Want to sell me some?

Greg has had a couple of approaches from prospective sponsors so our fingers are crossed!

aye, I'll see what there is and fire them over to you :)

some great pic's there mate.. would love to of been there my self..

the guys and girls must be fearless to throw themselves down mountains at top speed lol - wouldn't catch me having a go... don't fancy a trip to A&E :p

3&5 are my faves - you really caught the action well in these ones :)

Number 5 for me. Very pleasing DOF.

Used to race myself many moons ago...used to be called the Grundig World Cup back then and was only Cross-Country, over 20 yrs ago......showing my age, but I still ride now :D

Those shots with the 300 are great.
Do you run two bodies or do you swap over out in the field?

Back