Wren from today

Nice capture there Den, perky little bird :)

Is it just me or is there blotchy bits in the darker background areas?

The third one is pick of the bunch for me, nice light on the breast of the bird.

Is it just me or is there blotchy bits in the darker background areas?

The third one is pick of the bunch for me, nice light on the breast of the bird.
Cant see any blotchy bits ,the top half of the background is the rock face and lower half grassy mounds ,I was using a camera I was not familiar with (full frame mk3 ) and was initially setting up for some full on head shots of the little owl ,however after spotting the wren I stuck with him ,they are largish crops ,if I was using my 1Dmkiv I wouldn't have cropped as much as I did on these shots ,all the shots were taken just before sunset

It could be my monitor then Den. The first one, to the left hand side, looks like it has a large area of compression artefacts in it. Like I said though, could be just my monitor.

NR applied to background ,could be the crop factor ,as said it was a bit more than I would have liked ,and I only had the 5d mkiii attatched to the lens ,also considering he found were the mealworms were for the owl he could be back tonight for more and I can use my mkiv and get a bit closer

#3 for me also,the first two look pretty soft even on Flickr.

One out of three aint bad:) I don't like to overdo the sharpness because if it isn't their in the first place it does go in the bin,some do sneak through though and I will admit that the third shot does show that the first two are not as sharp ....

Last edited:
Good shots - don't see any blotchy bits or artefacts

I prefer #2 because of the natural perch

Lovely images. Ive got a couple in the garden but never seem to see them in the open enough, to get a clear shot

Back