www.camerent.co.uk

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

I am new to forum, an keen motorsport photographer from the Isle of Man.

I am driven to join this forum to warn fellow photographers of the disgraceful service I have experienced from the above company.

In preparation for the Isle of Man TT Races I decided to rent a 300mm 2.8 lens and a 1.4 convertor. Having scouted various sites and found most places booked out I found camerent.co.uk. The guys were (initially) very helpful, had a lens to hire and a good price (I keep hearing "if it looks too good to be true it probably is" in my head now!!).

Living in the IOM they agreed to ship it a day earlier to aviod any delay and all was looking good .......

However, on day of dispatch (or supposed dispatch), and for three days afterwards they were unable to give me a shipping consignment number, blaming a busy dispatch department, problems with their computers and other excuses.

My worries were finally confirmed when one of their staff, (when threatened with legal action) explained that the problem must be that the lens was stuck in customs and they would offer a full refund. Biting my tongue, trying not to laugh I accepted that "customs" must have my lens and asked for proof of refund to my credit card. Another 3 phone calls and chaser e-mail I finally received an e-mail to confirm card has been refunded - now I wait with baited breath for my credit card statement to see the proof.

I'm glad I used the credit card and have the protection if I need it, please take caution if dealing with this company.

Regards
manxman_73

Admin/mods - this is an honest appraisal of my experience with this company, I appreciate that this is my first post on the forum but feel I should warn people so they do not have the same experience and hassles I have had. If you believe this to be oustide the forum rules please remove the post.

Hi Tim,

Phoned Stewart at www.lensesforhire.co.uk yesterday to see what they had at (very) short notice, wasn't the 300mm 2.8 but got a 400mm which will do nicely !

Arranged at lunchtime yesterday, arrived at 11:00 this morning, superb !!(y)

manxman_73

Back