X-T1 constantly taking photos

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
My mate has a Fuji X-T1 and when it's switched on it starts taking photos about every half second or so and carries on doing so until turned off again. Pressing any buttons etc has no effect, any ideas what's going on please?

No idea about access to settings on that camera but can you access settings menu and do a factory reset?

Or perhaps remove the battery for say 30mins and see if that stops it's bad behaviour?

[QUOTE="Mr Perceptive

Not in a intervalometer mode is it??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like this would be worth investigating

Can't get into the menu or anything. As soon as the camera is switched on it immediately starts taking photos.

Have you tried pulling the battery and waiting before putting it back in???

Is it possibly set for a time lapse session?

Could also try removing the sd card.

I'd try turning it on in firmware update mode and seeing what it does, then re-do the firmware.

Apparently by playing around with all buttons removing and re-inserting the battery, he can get it to stop. However as soon as it's switched off and back on again it starts constantly taking photos again.
It's still under warranty so he's ringing Fuji tomorrow and sending it back to them.

Proper thing to do if it's under warranty, would suck if he'd bought it used from ebay or so

Might seem like it is but has something dropped down the little hole in the centre of the button. That's where you can screw an old style shutter release cable in.

The X-T1 doesn't have a threaded shutter button though :(

Suspect it's a hardware failure. We had the reverse with an X-M1 where the shutter button could be pressed, but it simply wouldn't take a photo. Fuji replaced the main PCB.

Sounds like a hardware failure to me, possible main board assembly. :eek:

Back