weekly XenosElaine's 52s Thread - Support added

Happy New Year Elaine. Enjoy the Taylors.

You're good at these shiny glassware shots. :clap:

Hiya Elaine - what a cracking idea and a very clever play on words... love it!

The image works well for me - it's clear what's happening and why (the foliage helps there but you've smartly knocked it OOF so it is obvious it is background and doesn't distract). I would suggest the image could work with another stop of exposure, but I can understand why you might prefer it lower key, as it is.

You've really tried to make life difficult for yourself with the cut glass AND a cylindrical glass bottle - you're a masochist! It's quite non-classical in the lighting, but it works for the theme as I think the main part of the subject is supposed to be the bottle rather than the glass or decanter? It's a really really tough subject and I think you've done exceptionally well getting it as far as you have. My only suggestion on the lighting would be to make it easier on yourself next time!!!

But a super finish to your 52... I really think your pictures have developed so well over the time and I mean that in a positive way and hope you don't think me condescending for suggesting it. I'm a beginner to this photography lark anyway, so I don't have the knowledge or experience to be condescending! (Or inclination :) )

Here's to a successful 52 in 2015 for us all who are rejoining that - have a great New Year and a huge well done :banana::clap:

Hi Elaine

Love the play on words & very christmassy as well....Port only comes out in our house at this time of year :)

Nice subtle lighting & colors, like the touch with the holly & berries

Great finish & look forward to seeing you do it all over again next year (y)

Extravagant - I like this. The off centre composition is good. The lighting is superb. The white is definitely white and I like how the bright background is bleeding into the edges of the subject adding to the air of extravagance. Nice one

Support - Very clever thinking to hit the theme. I hope you had a toast to completing a very worthwhile 52.

Well done for finishing the year Elaine :clap:

Back