Xmas Optics

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
weblomo CRW_7853 copy2.jpg

Bit of a late entry today. Been out getting last minutes supplies with my sister and my nephew. Quite strange being an Uncle. Anywho this is a reworking of a shot from a while back. I wanted to combine the red and yellow shots I had to make something a little cooler. Now you can’t exactly use colour select on something that’s 100% red. So I used the threshold tool to create a mask based on a certain area of the histogram, so to speak. Then I feathered that and deleted the area replacing it with the yellow image. This created a perfect blend for this image. I’m really happy with how it turned out and I learnt a new trick that I can apply to other images.

Download wallpaper;
Camera: Canon 10D // Flash Used: No // Focal Length: 50.0mm // Exposure Time: 1/4 // Aperture: f/1.8 // ISO equiv: 100 // Exposure Mode: Manual // Canon 50mm f/1.8

</img> </img> </img>

More...

No probs. I've always played with it as its fun to watch the changes in the preview window. Its like you can see your photo grow and shrink. Aside from that I've never used it till now. It just hit me. You can select a certain level on the histogram.

Back