Yeast based GT sandwich spread

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
F3 and GT.... only did Saturday this time as had a gig elsewhere to do today.

Was really dissapointed with this event as the GT field was 11 cars... the F3 was a little better I suppose, but it comes to something when F3 is the highlight of your day!

Anyway, enough moaning, lets chuck up some photos:

#1 Not a wonderfully creative photo, but love that car:

gt1.jpg

#2 As exciting as GT got:

gt2.jpg

#3 F3 goes wiiiiiide

gt3.jpg

Ok, I was then bored of trying to take "sensible" shots, lets spin that shutter dial and unleash the marmite!

#4 Well, I liked it anyway:

gt4.jpg

#5 Just what is the speed limit in the pitlane?

gt5.jpg

#6 Thought about some high contrast PP while I was there, so what the hell, lets do it:

gt6.jpg

Yup, thats what happens when togs get bored!

C&C away!

Last edited:
Love no.1 because of the car but would have prefered it if you caught it in the same position as no.3. As far as 4, 5 & 6. I do like these. :)
The F3 certainly wasn't the highlight of my day, I was sound asleep out at Sheene Curve making the most of the sunshine. I think I managed to sleep through most of the VW's too. :)

It's disappointing that the GT field is so small. I was going to go to this but I was disappointed with the field when I went to see them at Oulton. Hopefully it will pick up next year.

Nice shots, really like 2 & 3. Do you mind sharing what lens you used for these, as well as the ones in the pitlane?

Cheers,
Mark

I am a real fan of the marmite stuff,as one does get bored shooting the easy 2/3,head on stuff,doesn't one :LOL:after going to a venue a few times,that said I do like the F3 because of the dust and better the background,tight cropped car shots are not my gig truthfully.

Out of curiosity did you shoot these angled or do you put that in on pp ?

In this instance I like the marmite F3 best as it fills the frame and makes a bold statement,contraditory I know,but sure you know what I mean.

Pons

how did we miss each other?? i bumped in to almost everyone in the world of motorsport this weekend but missed you (and Dunganick!)

I was only there on Saturday and Gribbsy said that you weren't going to be there til Sunday. Shame really because it would have been good to catch up.

nilagin said:
Love no.1 because of the car but would have prefered it if you caught it in the same position as no.3. As far as 4, 5 & 6. I do like these.
The F3 certainly wasn't the highlight of my day, I was sound asleep out at Sheene Curve making the most of the sunshine. I think I managed to sleep through most of the VW's too.

Cheers - the trouble with the angle on #3 (which is Westfield btw) is that its really dependant on the type of car/bike. The lines taken around that corner can be radically different. I was a bit further down the track doing the usual "3/4 car against the trees" thing when I spotted the occassional dust plumes. Only happened about 5 times in the whole session though - most of them did run nearly as wide as that.

As for sleeping, I did actually have a kip during the heritage touring cars! It was rather pleasant in the sun :cool: BTCC should be better...

lfc856 said:
]Nice shots, really like 2 & 3. Do you mind sharing what lens you used for these, as well as the ones in the pitlane?

Ta! The first three are with a Nikkor 300 AFS f4 combined with the 1.7x TC to give 500mm. The poor man's mega prime :D The pitlane ones are with a lens thats not actually on my signature here, a Sigma 18-50 f2.8 EX. Its the slightly older non-HSM version, but its normally pretty good providing you can give it some time to focus... not really an "action lens" but I *was* bored!

chrispons said:
I am a real fan of the marmite stuff,as one does get bored shooting the easy 2/3,head on stuff,doesn't one after going to a venue a few times,that said I do like the F3 because of the dust and better the background,tight cropped car shots are not my gig truthfully.

Out of curiosity did you shoot these angled or do you put that in on pp ?

In this instance I like the marmite F3 best as it fills the frame and makes a bold statement,contraditory I know,but sure you know what I mean.

Pons, I was bored stupid on Saturday! Luckily after lunch I stayed in the pitlane with my little Sigma only and just arsed around :D I did take some "normal" pitlane shots too!

The tight car shots are more for the "car fans" (of which I am not really). There's no "race action" in these, because there was no bloody race action :shrug:

The angles on the slow stuff are all original, but a little crop to make that #4 a bit more balanced to my eye.

Anyway, cheers guys!

I was only there on Saturday and Gribbsy said that you weren't going to be there til Sunday. Shame really because it would have been good to catch up.

not sure where he got that from, i was always going to be there both days.

looking at those photos you might have been on the outside of westfield when i was on the inside. were you there for the race?

not sure where he got that from, i was always going to be there both days.

looking at those photos you might have been on the outside of westfield when i was on the inside. were you there for the race?

Not sure where I got that from either :D It was either Andy or Nick. Would have said hello but I have no idea what you look like Gary :) I was keeping an eye out for a slow panner.

Back to the thread, I really really really like #3 and #4.

Ahhh poor intel as usual :D

I was only out on the track for the Saturday morning. Started at outside of Hawthorn just after the GT's came out (and was talking to a chap with a Nikkor 200-400 there - first time I've seen that lens at a circuit!) and by the time the 1.5hr session was done I'd reached Westfield for shot #2 and then sat around to wait for the F3, slowly moving down the hill....

Can't say I saw any other media togs other than the guy with the 200-400 and Gribbsy who was working the inside...

Can't say I saw any other media togs other than the guy with the 200-400 and Gribbsy who was working the inside...

I saw 4 or 5 Media togs during the afternoon, I was out at Sheen Curve for a few hours from around Midday. Then slowly started to make our towards Dingle and Westfield towards the end of the GT race. The Formula Ford started just as we headed off home.
Don't know faces so didn't know if any togs were off here. I know Gary likes his Alpine Stars tops and I did see one media tog wearing a red one.

if that was towards the end of the saturday race, then it was def me

grab me next time and say hi :)
I would have done but I didn't want to make a fool of myself if it wasn't you.:LOL:

I would have done but I didn't want to make a fool of myself if it wasn't you.:LOL:

i already did that twice at the weekend :)

i was looking out for dunganick and i have no idea what he looks like. twice i had photographers smile at me so i assumed it was him and started talking to them like i knew them, only to realise it wasnt him

Haha, yeh i didnt see you at all, kept an eye out.

For the GT Race on sunday i did Surtees and then the inside of the GP.

If you saw a lank student type with mop like hair, that was most probably me. Normally following around an even taller person with a red hat (gribbsy)

As for the photos, i love the first 3, but number 4 is the pick of the bunch. Needs a brighten (your probably in the shadows there, but would look nicer brighter)

i love the first 3, but number 4 is the pick of the bunch. Needs a brighten (your probably in the shadows there, but would look nicer brighter)

Surprised you liked the first 3 actually... I thought you were member #2 of the "Gary Parravani slow shutter speed or death club" :LOL:

Only joking, glad you liked them.

#4 hmmm yes, maybe I see what you mean now I'm looking again tonight. I was tired when I did these after all that "running around" I did Sunday morning. Might try and PP that one slightly different tommorow.

Really like No5, very cool shot.

1,2&3 are really nice aswell, tack sharp, great clean backgrounds. I notice they are 500mm, is that using a TC or is it a 500mm lens? Thought they looked pretty close.

Thanks Steve!

Dal - Thanks matey - clean backgrounds is the beauty of the Brands GP circuit :D However to be fair these days I'm kinda prefering something with advertising in the background - makes it seem more "motorsport". Outta luck with this one though, no advertising at all!

Correctly spotted, 500mm is my 300 f4 with a 1.7x TC on it. In the right light (and I don't mean a "bright sunny day") that combo punches waaaay above its price tag. I use it a lot for bikes, not so much cars, but you can get some great frame fillers with it if thats what you want in a shot.

Some nice stuff there but for me the second one is quality. I also like the fourth one....along with one car sponsor as well!

Thanks Steve!

Dal - Thanks matey - clean backgrounds is the beauty of the Brands GP circuit :D However to be fair these days I'm kinda prefering something with advertising in the background - makes it seem more "motorsport". Outta luck with this one though, no advertising at all!

Correctly spotted, 500mm is my 300 f4 with a 1.7x TC on it. In the right light (and I don't mean a "bright sunny day") that combo punches waaaay above its price tag. I use it a lot for bikes, not so much cars, but you can get some great frame fillers with it if thats what you want in a shot.

I hate to say this but clean backgrounds are the joy of the media pass at GP circuit. I've walked it a few times and it's really difficult to get the right angles when on the inside of the track. I absolutely love shots at the outside of the corner, hence why I stayed at the same spot for ages for my shots as I loved the angles you could get.

Oh, and not sure what the corner was but I wanted a panning shot with the brands hatch banner in the background but someone had hit it and broken it so I couldn't do that either, doh.

Well the shots look really good at 500mm, your a Canon user aren't you? I must admit I loved the 120-300mm f2.8 I tried out, wish it was nikon fit so I could of tried a x1.4TC on it, one day I'll save up enough for something a bit longer and a bit better than my 70-200. (y)

Well the shots look really good at 500mm, your a Canon user aren't you? I must admit I loved the 120-300mm f2.8 I tried out, wish it was nikon fit so I could of tried a x1.4TC on it, one day I'll save up enough for something a bit longer and a bit better than my 70-200. (y)

Canon user! You cheeky bugger! Nope, Nikon for over a year now :cool:

Canon don't make a 1.7x TC :D

Yeah keep an eye out for me and if you spot me gimme a shout and I'll let you try any gear I've got on me at the time, no problems.

Back