Yellow on Black

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
I wish I was able to offer some CC but my (layman) expertise/interest tends to be around the content, composition, colours & do I like it so again like most/all of your work - I am an admirer :)

That's a real beauty Les - I'm impressed that you managed to hold the card and take the shot......!
cheers, cw

Perhaps Les has practise at holding cards at his Friday 'all night' poker game/s :LOL:

That's a real beauty Les - I'm impressed that you managed to hold the card and take the shot......!
cheers, cw

I made a stand from some skirting board wood a 12" length of 1" dowel and a couple of clothes pegs - for this purpose :D

8 x 6 x 1" base- 12 " x 1" doweling post and 2 plastic clothes pegs screwed onto the post simple yet effective card holder, also useful for holder smaller items to photograph- cheap yet effective

here

Perhaps Les has practise at holding cards at his Friday 'all night' poker game/s :LOL:

Oh you've heard about these have you

Thanks for the comments guys

Les ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shot Les and thanks for sharing the setup for background. Something else to try I guess if the Sun makes an appearance!

Great shot Les and thanks for sharing the setup for background. Something else to try I guess if the Sun makes an appearance!

Thank you Bryn, this set up will work in any weather ( apart from Rain I guess)

Give it a go mate, cheap and easy to build

Les ;)

Great setup and good result. I'd try and remove those highlights on the rear petals and maybe lift the shadows on the near side (perhaps with a fill flash). I do like having the stronger light behind the subject though, and you are getting some great textures.

Great setup and good result. I'd try and remove those highlights on the rear petals and maybe lift the shadows on the near side (perhaps with a fill flash). I do like having the stronger light behind the subject though, and you are getting some great textures.

Thank you- Tim, I didn't think of using a fill flash, given me food for thought

Les ;)

Actually not sure why I put fill flash, I was thinking a bounce card. Much cheaper and the effect is more subtle. Just a sheet of white card off the the left to reflect some light back onto the subject.

Actually not sure why I put fill flash, I was thinking a bounce card. Much cheaper and the effect is more subtle. Just a sheet of white card off the the left to reflect some light back onto the subject.

Agree that would work I don't have enough hands for that though :D

I could or just use an off camera wireless flash! I have 2 so maybe I'll give that a go

Les

Back