Yes it's another Dubai 24hr thread!

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
So i made the trip over to Dubai to shoot the Dubai 24hr Race. Something i've wanted to shoot for a little while.

Thankfully David (Impspeed) let me stay with him and generally looked after me - thank god as i doubt i would of even found my way to the circuit on my own! So a massive thankyou to David for looking after me for the week!

The circuit itself i was quite impressed by. I hadnt really seen many pics of the circuit online, and knew it wasnt finished in places - so was expecting it to be dire. Yes there is catch fencing litterally everywhere and maybe no more than 50 official photo hatches on the entire circuit. But to my surprise it has quite alot of elevation changes, some really cool backgrounds and some very unique shots. But i think it would take you a few events to find the really cool shots. Maybe something for next year!

Anyway, here are a few of my favourites:

C&C encouraged! (looking at this selection, i think i had an issue with shots containing more than 1 car in the frame!?)

DUBAI_24HR_20124504-L.jpg

2. I cant decide if this is featureless (having no crowd) or if i like the pattern the seats make...

DUBAI_24HR_20121325-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20122812-L.jpg

4. If you can't beat it - shoot through it?

DUBAI_24HR_20123047-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20121869-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20123777-L.jpg

Last edited:

DUBAI_24HR_20125083-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20125415-L.jpg

9. My favourite shot of the weekend

DUBAI_24HR_20121607-L.jpg

DUBAI_24HR_20122780-L.jpg

11. This shot looks very dark on my work monitor - but correct at home.... might have to check again!

DUBAI_24HR_20124498-L.jpg

12. And finally some wheels i liked!

DUBAI_24HR_20121019-L.jpg

Yep 10 is spectacular, it couldn't be anywhere else.

Were you accredited? I can't imagine it makes much difference at a circuit like that.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a great time, I can only just about afford Canvey Island so Dubai is a little out of my range lol

#10 is outstanding, a backdrop to die for!

.DAVID.

Been waiting to see these!

I like #2, it does work!

#4 is what I would have tried given what Gary had said about the fences

#7 is a Nick signature shot :D

#9 is gorgeous! Colours all combine for a cracker!

#10 gives us context.

Looks like a tricky place to shoot overall but they usually all are when you first visit.

Glad you had fun!

Lovely stuff,Nick ,they have a great feel,super colours and light,and great compositions.

9 is brilliant ,and 1 is fab how you have isolated the driver and the look they are sending your way.

9, 10 and 11 (it doesn't look too dark for me) are superb Nick. A very nice set considering it's your first visit.

You know my feeling about the set - outstanding photos from what I've always seen as a dull and bland circuit - really opened my eyes.

Shots of the set for me are 7 and 9.

See you back here next year. May be living in MotorCity by then as we've started looking at apartments next to the track - that should be convenient!

****... They are so good, 10, would love to have come up with that, 9, awesome... Do I need to go on... 12 was the only one that didn't make me go "****".. In a good way...

Awesome set

love them!!
now...where do I sign for a trip like this ;D

Spotted these over on CS. #6 is like being at Le Mans, #10 is probably the favourite. All great though!

Great shots. Watched a lot of the race on t'internet and really enjoyed it. Great variety of cars and great racing throughout the field.

9 is stunning. Love the shots through the scenery too.

Definitely #2 and #10 for me....they are so different its hard to believe they are from the same track.

Back