Yesterday on Skomer

buckas

Mister Forum Regular
Name
Drew
Edit My Images
No
Not many images as was mostly teaching, but here's some from yesterday (y)

IMG_6080.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6236_1.jpg

IMG_6565_32.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

Write up and words found here > http://www.drewbuckleyphotography.com/blog/2011/05/05/skomer-with-photoplus/

All shot with Canon 7D & 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM & 1.4x Ext

Cheers

drew

Excellent capture, like the last one in its habitat, pin sharp you must be pleased.

Very nice set Drew #4 being my pick of the set, love the inflight shot's' Can't wait for June trip :clap:

Thanks all! Hopefully be back over in a few weeks for more shots. Mag feature will be in issue 50 I believe

Cheers

Drew

Some really nice compositions :)
The blown whites would really bother me if they were mine

Great shots. My mate and I are hoping to get over there soon. Can you tell me how long you can spent on the island please

A great set of images my friend (y)

Regards

Richard

Lovely captures Drew (y) We had a long weekend in Druidston last week but was unable to make Skomer :(

Lovely captures Drew (y) We had a long weekend in Druidston last week but was unable to make Skomer :(

Thanks (y) Nice, know the place well - yeh heard about the boat not going for 4 days prior to our trip, wrong direction of wind :wacky:

drew

Nice shots Drew - lush place to go with a camera and not just for the puffins :)

Not sure about the blurs of white of the flowers in number two, no Puffins in Bluebells shots then? ;)

Cheers,

Matt

Thanks (y) Nice, know the place well - yeh heard about the boat not going for 4 days prior to our trip, wrong direction of wind :wacky:

drew

Oh! I did not hear about any boat cancelations :shrug: I was in a pub :LOL:

Hi Drew

Pembrokeshire lad here myself. I'm 23 and still very much learning my trade but I'm planning a trip to Skomer some time in the next few weeks.

Plenty of Puffins to be seen? Any advice/tips you would give me also?

I was at St Martins/ St Brides last night for a walk/togging session. Some lovely bluebells but god awfully windy.

Cracking shots as well. I'd be chuffed to bits if I could get pictures that good.

Scott,

Was down there a week or two ago - and whilst there are some puffins etc. - it's still too early for them to be out in force, they're still building nests and courting etc.

Increased activity comes as they're sitting on eggs etc. - which comes mid May onwards and then the real leap comes through June until Mid July when the chicks come along.

Tips - travel light, two lenses - one wide and one telephoto a tripod if you can carry it - alot is discussed here http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=291488.

It's quite a steep walk in places, so be prepared for that - oh and call ahead to Lockley Lodge the day you want to go to make sure they're sailing :)

Am intending to head back sometime in June for another go - Skomer is an awesome place for photography and often overlooked!

Cheers,

Matt

Back