(Yet more) Stonechurch Red Kites!

#1 is a good capture but I would clone out the dust spot ;) #2 is a good action shot but perhaps could do with lifting a little and a slight sharpen, #3 is a good sharp capture and #4 would have been good if it had not been oof and the wings clipped.

#2 shows the dramatic way they dive down, i like it!

Nice set Kevin.
I agree with Rich's comments and I didn't notice the dust spot until he mentioned it lol

Cheers, Rich you are right - don't know how to clone out dust spots though!

Cheers, John - a great place and one to return to (invitation only!).

Cheers Tori - I had problems keeping up with the "diving" so had very few images of this.

Daz - yes, I must do something about the dust spot(s) but a bit fearful of entering this part of the camera. If I knew how to clone it out................!

Cheers, Ken.

Such a lot to learn!!!

Last edited:
I am not sure Kevin but you might well be able to map it out in camera for further BIF shots, not worth getting it cleaned just for one :LOL:

I could clone it out for you if you like, but when I repost pics they appear with my watermark LOL As much as I'd like to claim one of your pics as my own!! :LOL:

Kev.jpg

Oh darn it didn't work :( Apologies, I'll delete this is you want. I think the spots have gone, but you have my watermark still. You could crop it out if there's room? I'll try again :LOL:

Last edited:
Don't worry, Tori!

What processing do you use? I am embarrased to say that I use PS Elements 2 (rather badly!).

Perhaps I should get something better!

I use Lightroom :) It's really good so I can't recommend it enough.

Great set of shots Kevin, I think #2 is brilliant, showing them chasing each other.

Failed miserably with Elements 8, Tori, so its back to square one! However, I have found a clone tool on Elements 2, so perhaps all is not lost!

Cheers, Scott

Aww, I know how frustrating it can be when you first start to use these things. I wish I could help but I'm not familiar with elements at all :(
Post something up in the processing & editing section on here? I'm sure someone will be only too happy to help :)

Back