YN-622N

Time to order 10m long PC cord then :)

Why 10m?

PC cable driven Hypersync will only run off a 622 when it's in RX (receiver) mode.

622 in TX mode (i.e. attached to a camera) will not work.

10cm, maybe. But 10m?

Why 10m?

PC cable driven Hypersync will only run off a 622 when it's in RX (receiver) mode.

622 in TX mode (i.e. attached to a camera) will not work.

10cm, maybe. But 10m?

Sorry mate, yes, 10cm! Should be ideal for connecting YN-622N to my Jinbei battery pack

PC cable driven Hypersync will only run off a 622 when it's in RX (receiver) mode. 622 in TX mode (i.e. attached to a camera) will not work.

I think that this may not be correct. I can get the supersync trigger using a pc-sync cable from on-camera 622 to 580EXII pc-sync port. (At least for Canon version.)

1/320, F/11, ISO 100. Flash M 1/1. Produces the typical graded light/no light image.

The 622, even when on-camera, is normally in receive mode. The on-camera unit acts in transmit mode only for three short periods, as described in TOYUG. This is the problem when using a second shooter with ambient-augmenting lights. His/her camera fires your flash after autozooming.

Last edited:
Triggers arrived this morning. I don't have my camera with me, can't wait to test it tonight. Very impressed with quality and look.

Been using these for a while. Great value for money. I have 4 coupled with a 580 ex2 and a 568ex from yongnuo.

Robust little things as I found out at the weekend when my softbox speed light and trigger blew over!!!

So far so good. TTL, high speed sync.

For Canon users, you can get a comprehensive picture of the capabilities of the YN-622C (not N, unfortunately) from "The Other YN-622C User Guide":
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B77OmmGIg0gMVFpqNkpBYXBHajA

BTW, the new control unit is for Canon system, and not for Nikon. Elv withdrew his post about it after YN gave a better description to him.

Far be it from me to speak for another, and unless I've missed something, but...

Elv withdrew the post because of the claimed (incorrectly) compatibility with the Canon 600ex Radio based system, not the lack of a Nikon system.

As far as I can tell, his blog post here:

http://flashhavoc.com/yn-622-tx-transmitter-with-lcd-coming/

mentions the 622 controller trigger is being made for Nikon and Canon systems. He does seem to have insider information with LianGC. :)

Last edited:
Far be it from me to speak for another, and unless I've missed something, but...

Elv withdrew the post because of the claimed (incorrectly) compatibility with the Canon 600ex Radio based system, not the lack of a Nikon system.

As far as I can tell, his blog post here:

http://flashhavoc.com/yn-622-tx-transmitter-with-lcd-coming/

mentions the 622 controller trigger is being made for Nikon and Canon systems. He does seem to have insider information with LianGC. :)

Have to agree with this, I have spent hours today trying to find something that says Yongnuo has abandoned plans for the Yn622 controller (for Nikon) and drawn a blank, I'm glad to say.

Right, let's resurrect this thread. I now have YN-622N-TX and will be testing it tonight!

Back