Yodel fail!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I bought a car stereo from Amazon which decided to pack in after 6 months.
To their credit they said they'll refund me and emailed me a returns slip for Yodel to come and pick it up. They also gave me a gift voucher as a CD was stuck in the head unit also!!(y)
So Yodel pick up the parcel from my work place last Tuesday, and i thought i'd check my returns page on Amazon to see when i can expect to be paid.
What i've discovered is the parcel left Yodels central hub in Wednsbury at 12.03am Wednesday and is...somewhere in the ether!!:LOL::LOL:
Pointed this out to Amazon by email who are now refunding me straight away and will be investigating whats going on!
What a bunch of muppets (Yodel) how can you lose a tracked package!!

What a bunch of muppets (Yodel) how can you lose a tracked package!!

Takes practice and Yodel seem to practise a lot more than most!

Last edited:
Kind of makes the point about dealing with Amazon though. Their customer service is excellent, and they usually sort out any problems very quickly. One of my first ports of call for all sorts of things. We live in a rural area with good, but limited, local shopping and use Amazon quite a lot.

Kind of makes the point about dealing with Amazon though. Their customer service is excellent, and they usually sort out any problems very quickly. One of my first ports of call for all sorts of things. We live in a rural area with good, but limited, local shopping and use Amazon quite a lot.

It's easy to have great customer service when you pay no tax!!!

It's easy to have great customer service when you pay no tax!!!

I really can't see any connection between customer service and tax, and I couldn't care less about Amazon's tax status in any case. If they're breaking the law, I assume they can be prosecuted, and if they're exploiting a loophole I also assume that the government can close it?

quite easily.

im more surprised amazon havent ditched yodel by now.

Amazon use a number of delivery companies. Not only does it spread their risk regarding service quality but also there isn't a courier company in the UK big enough to handle all their shipments every day.

Amazon use a number of delivery companies. Not only does it spread their risk regarding service quality but also there isn't a courier company in the UK big enough to handle all their shipments every day.

They do use a few, mostly RM for standard and yodel a lot for next day and prime. Different couriers for different service levels.

There are plenty of couriers capable of handling amazons throughput, they essentially park artic trailers in the goods out dept and collect at intervals. The shipment/tracking data (if required ) will most likely be generated via an integrated platform and sessions sent to the courier nightly for them to confirm receipt.

Last edited:
Don't know if work for a delivery company, but if you saw the amount of amazon stuff that comes through our small office daily, along with everything else then I doubt we would cope with it all
Parking an artic outside and going back to it would cause major traffic chaos :eek:

Don't know if work for a delivery company, but if you saw the amount of amazon stuff that comes through our small office daily, along with everything else then I doubt we would cope with it all
Parking an artic outside and going back to it would cause major traffic chaos :eek:

yeah but amazon arent going to be located on a high street are they..

we do a tiny fraction of the outbound traffic amazon do and we get a well known popular courier to leave an arctic trailer next to our warehouse industrial unit. which we fill during the day (generating consignment references through integrated systems as we go) and they collect at the end of the day/when its full (replacing for an empty trailer) take the parcels to the local depot and scan all of the barcodes starting the tracking process.

believe me the big courier boys are capable of handling amazons output.

They do use a few, mostly RM for standard and yodel a lot for next day and prime. Different couriers for different service levels.

There are plenty of couriers capable of handling amazons throughput, they essentially park artic trailers in the goods out dept and collect at intervals. The shipment/tracking data (if required ) will most likely be generated via an integrated platform and sessions sent to the courier nightly for them to confirm receipt.

Neil,

The volume of traffic from Amazon is IMMENSE. There are NO couriers in the UK that can handle all of it on top of the business they already do. PF, UPS, DHL, FedEx and City Link have all looked at this and realised they're not big enough.

I'd be interested to know who you think is.

Yodel were meant to deliver a tent last year to a clearly marked BRISTOL postcode. After checking 3 days after the next day delivery point was told that the tent had been delivered and signed for.

Cutting to the chase, the tent was delivered to a Birmingham address and the "signature" was a sqiggle.

By that time Amazon had delivered a replacement and package was given best treatment and...... delivered to a North Bristol adress (I have a South Bristol postcode but live 15 miles south of the city.

Sadly both tents were accepted and effectively stolen (Amazon comment).

Got refunded as after 3 weeks we were off camping. Go Outdoors..... same tent £5 dearer but with extras.

The early delivery was so we could learn the erection and packing away etc. Ended up taking a brand new in the box tent. All OK

Yodel? Listen to the echoes of disatisfaction....

S

Last edited:
Neil,
The volume of traffic from Amazon is IMMENSE. There are NO couriers in the UK that can handle all of it on top of the business they already do. PF, UPS, DHL, FedEx and City Link have all looked at this and realised they're not big enough.
I'd be interested to know who you think is.

Yep I would too, as you probably know we get loads of stuff from others via downstream access, losing out on charges.
I can't think of any courier that is going to put all their eggs in one basket and just deal with amazon, that would be financial suicide if things went wrong :(
I know from people who do the job that many of the courier firms use franchises and the drivers are paid per delivery not for hours worked, hence them working well into the evenings.
I can remember a few years ago one of my customers was having some building work done and had a skip on their drive, got up in the morning to find loads of catalogues in it, she contacted the firm and it seems the driver just got fed up with trying to find the adresses so dumped them

Rather than start a new thread.....

I bought 6 items from Amazon over the "Black Friday" weekend

They've been bundled into one order

I live in North Hertfordshire, 25 miles from the main Amazon warehouse

It was due for delivery today (5/12/13)

It's with Yodel

and the last tracking info is........

Llanelli, DYFED

It's with Yodel

Llanelli, DYFED

Look on the bright side, your shipment has defied physics and managed to travel back through time. You should hail this as a miracle. :nuts:

(There is no such county as Dyfed, hasn't been in a long time - it amazes me how many companies still offer me 1960s county choices when I'm filling in online forms)

Amazon UK warehouses - source: wiki
United Kingdom, as of 2013, 7 in operation with 3 more planned.[84]

England
Marston Gate (near Brogborough)
Rugeley,[84] Staffordshire
Peterborough
Doncaster
Hemel Hempstead
Scotland
Gourock (Inverclyde)
Dunfermline (Fife)
Wales
Crymlyn Burrows
Swansea[94][95] (near Jersey Marine)[96]

probably coming from one of those :)

Marston Gate (near Brogborough)

That's my local one, never realised they had so many units :bonk:

Knowing my luck Yodel will be getting items from all the other depots & losing them in Ancient Wales :runaway:

(There is no such county as Dyfed, hasn't been in a long time - it amazes me how many companies still offer me 1960s county choices when I'm filling in online forms)

PCworld keep trying to convince me that my detached house is really a block of flats.......

It's with Yodel

Llanelli, DYFED

im in llanelli, the depo is just round the corner, shall i go pick it up for you and send it via a proper courier? lol!

you realise Yodel got their name because that's what their customers do, - when for example they put a note through the door saying "package left in wheelie bin at end of drive" (anyone like to hazard a guess as to why the wheelie bin might be at the end of the drive... useless bunch of ...

Talking of delivery failures, any news on my Lomo fisheye that the PO have mislaid? I deliberately stuck several address stickers in the Pell so it should be traceable. Not too bothered about the camera but the peli would be handy!

**** knows - its somewhere in the devon postage system , given how long Helga was awol for I'm not hopeful.

Well.....

Amazon said delivery tomorrow (Saturday)

So Yodel delivered Today :clap:

it's all here, the correct stuff & in perfect condition :beer:

Does anyone else get amazon deliveries from their own courier network "amazon logistics" ? Not sure how wide an area they cover but i find them so much more reliable than yodel, I even get instant emails during the delivery process "order has just departed" "order will be with you soon" about 30 mins before they arrive followed by "order signed for by ..." or "order posted through letterbox / with neighbour"

Great system and no more yodel

Recent Amazon deliveries have been with the postman.

Having an amazon warehouse just down the road in swansea, i have often wondered if i could just collect from there as they always use yodel here :(

Back