Yodel what are your thoughts?

Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought I'd post this today as would like to know people opinions.

I ordered myself an brand new iPad from eBay and received an email from yodel saying it would be delivered today sometime up to 9pm. They have me a tracking number, which I put into the website which said at 9.30 it was at the Colchester depot (I live in Ipswich). Me being at work today I called my mum who I thought was home to listen for the door etc, she had gone out for a walk. After an hour or so I checked the tracking online again and it said it had been delivered. My mum then called me back a couple of hours later, and had come home to find the package sitting on my door step. In plain sight of the entire road, bearing in mind I live on a very busy road and anybody walking past would see it from a mile off. There is no leaflet through the door nor have they spoken to either of my neighbours. Now I've checked the website and it basically says

"If the sender hasn't requested a signature, our driver can attempt to leave your parcel in a safe place. To protect the safety of your goods we have certain guidelines in place as to what counts as a 'safe place'. For example, in or around waste bins is not permitted.
If this happens, our driver will post a card through your door to let you know where the parcel has been left.
So if you're expecting a parcel, remember to check safe areas like sheds and porches before getting in touch with us.
Where the sender has requested a signature, our driver may, for your convenience, attempt to leave the parcel with a neighbour if you are not in.
If this happens, our driver will post a card through your door to let you know where the parcel has been left.
Where senders stipulate that the parcel can only be delivered to the address, our drivers are unable to leave parcels with a neighbour. In these situations a card will be left so you can get in touch with further instructions."

Now am I a little bit annoyed with this as I get a lot of people drop various kebab shop, charity, advertising leaflets etc through my door and anyone of them could have picked it up and walked off, or somebody walking past my house.

Just would like to know people's thoughts on this situation really.

Pretty normal for Yodel.

Why your seller is not requesting a signature for their protection is what I can't understand!

Heather

My Hermes are keen on just leaving things on the step too.
To make matters worse they aren't bothered whose step either.
I had two IP cams left at a house a mile away with no obvious explanation how they could think it was here.

I don't mind them leaving (say) in the greenhouse if they put a note through the box but that is too much trouble too it seems.
- If they are 100% sure the address is correct

Pretty normal for Yodel.

Why your seller is not requesting a signature for their protection is what I can't understand!

Heather

This is what I thought! I got an email from eBay directly saying about a discounted weekend and it was them who I got the ipad from, zavvi_outlet is the seller with 447k feedback, so not like a random guy selling one!

Pretty bad service really. Hey! Ho! I`m off to follow me local Yodel van around :D

Not had much experience with Yodel but had lots of iffy deliveries from others, mobile phone left in the rubbish bin - no card, £1000 worth of telescope gear left in open garage - carded at least. Other stuff left on back step in the rain etc. so far I've been lucky and not lost or had anything damaged by leaving it out.

Unless I'm not made aware of in advance I avoid retailers who use Yodel. Simply isn't worth having items stolen or abandoned.

Worst courier company I have ever experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never had a problem with them myself, in fact they have always been pretty good for me. They do have the worst reputation of all couriers though, probably all companies full stop actually.

my best one was local courier lefr 12 bottles of wine in a cardboard box on top of the wheelie bin....

OK until it p****d down for 4 hours and the cardboard box, dissolved.. hence 12 green bottles, falling off the bin... and smashing, sending sharp shards of glass over the garden when the cat was a kitten...

Went a little bit grumpy at naked wines.. (not their fault, but they employ the courier)... received 36 bottles as an apology...

As Mike above, I will not knowingly use a company who uses Yodel as a courier, and that includes Amazon.

Went a little bit grumpy ....

surely not, that's unheard of for you :LOL:

My thoughts about Yodel/HDLN arent repeatable in polite company - suffice to say i once arrived home to find a card saying " packet left in wheelie bin at the end of drive" (anyone like to guess why the wheelie bin was at the end of the drive :annoyed: )

but probably the best one was when they left a card at my work address saying " could not find address" - what ? , erm but you left the card at the adre.... never mind :shrug:

They tend to take a few extra days to deliver to us. Often the system says "could not find address" Luckily we live in the sticks so when they do leave something then it's safe, plus I have a greenhouse. DPD are my least favourite, we always get the same driver and he's so grumpy. I almost complained about him when he demanded to know what was in a heavy box that we get delivered monthly (cat food)

. I almost complained about him when he demanded to know what was in a heavy box that we get delivered monthly (cat food)

you should have told him " bullets, we're survivalists" - he might've been appreciably more compliant in future :LOL:

They tend to take a few extra days to deliver to us. Often the system says "could not find address" Luckily we live in the sticks so when they do leave something then it's safe, plus I have a greenhouse. DPD are my least favourite, we always get the same driver and he's so grumpy. I almost complained about him when he demanded to know what was in a heavy box that we get delivered monthly (cat food)

DPD!!!! I ordered something last week for next day delivery. Received email telling me when it would be delivered (between 11.52 & 12.52pm). Never turned up. Receive an email later that day saying that there was no one in when they had tried to deliver it which was untrue. Next day I am working from home and go downstairs to find a card through my door saying that they had tried to deliver the parcel. It had the previous days date on it and no one had knocked. I had been in all morning. I go back upstairs to contact them and give them a rollicking when there is a knock on the door. It's a DPD delivery man with my parcel. I ask about the card through my door and he says "there are a few drivers in the area today. It wasn't me". So I ask why a driver without the parcel would come to my house and put a card through the door saying that they tried to deliver but no one was home and with an incorrect date on it? Particularly when my parcel was with the guy stood in front of me. He just shrugged and smiled. Then walked off! Bonkers :wacky:

Chris

I had a bamboo tablet left on my doorstep and was tipping down with rain got through to them and didn't have a apology from them waste of space imo and told amazon and had a new tablet and a partial refund and they said they would not be using them again

Yodel lost 5 parcels in one week and so far still nothing they have dumped parcels under stones outside my house in the rain safe the say the external hdd didn't work and couldn't get a refund or replacement

One being an galaxy tab Samsung s3 a laptop

Things that require signatures are just dumped outside or posted through the letterbox

Yodel formally home delivery network...(hdnl) what more can you say..That is a high value item most definitely should have been signed for ridiculous.

Yodel lost 5 parcels in one week and so far still nothing they have dumped parcels under stones outside my house in the rain safe the say the external hdd didn't work and couldn't get a refund or replacement

One being an galaxy tab Samsung s3 a laptop

Things that require signatures are just dumped outside or posted through the letterbox

Why no refund or replacement?

Distance selling would cover return within 7 days, no argument.

Heather

I've come around to now thinking that all courier firms are essentially the same. The quality of service you receive largely depends upon the quality of local depot management and the number of brain cells issued to the van driver that morning.

I used to think City Link were to be avoided at all costs - but we now have no issues with them at all since a regular driver started with them 3 yrs ago.

DPD. For us, spot on every time. Amazing.

Interlink. We always use them for outgoing parcels.

Yodel. Hummmm. I could make an exception here. Maybe not ALL courier firms are the same.

I did have one frightening instance a few years ago (can't now remember the courier) where a small brown package was found on top of the wheelie bin at the side of our house. It had been there at least two days. No card through the door. And no rain, fortunately. It contained..... flight and cruise tickets for two worth just short of 20k :eek:

I personally think that the only reason Amazon still use Yodel/HDNL is because the Barclay Brothers have Amazon tucked up somehow.

The thread of complaints on Amazon's own forum must be over 1000 pages long by now, yet it continues to be ignored.

Only if every courier could be like DPD.

They rock.

Why no refund or replacement?

Distance selling would cover return within 7 days, no argument.

Heather

Because yodel and little woods won't cooperate with each other yodel claim they delivered them but funny how I'm typing on an iPad not a galaxy tab

I personally think that the only reason Amazon still use Yodel/HDNL is because the Barclay Brothers have Amazon tucked up somehow.

The thread of complaints on Amazon's own forum must be over 1000 pages long by now, yet it continues to be ignored.

Only if every courier could be like DPD.

They rock.

Never knew Amazon had a forum. I must check that out. I am one who has complained to Amazon, and others about, Yodel (and HDL before that). I am always filled with dread when I learn that my goods are being carried by Yodel.
Definately a fan of DPD.They always send an email giving and hour timeslot for delivery. Never let me down. I just wish I could always specify them as the carrier.

Never knew Amazon had a forum. I must check that out. I am one who has complained to Amazon, and others about, Yodel (and HDL before that). I am always filled with dread when I learn that my goods are being carried by Yodel.
Definately a fan of DPD.They always send an email giving and hour timeslot for delivery. Never let me down. I just wish I could always specify them as the carrier.

Here you go arclight:

Click me.

(y)

I've sent over 200 parcels through collect + (yodel) in the last 12 months, all arrived fine, no damage, none lost

Back