yongnuo RF-602

Edit My Images
Yes
I have a canon 40D and a speedlite 550 with these yongnuo remote triggers, rf-602 when i fire the hand held sender the flash fires first then the camera fires a split second later and when you review the image the flash doesn't show in the image, i haven't used this for some time and put brand new batteries in and it is still the same, it used to work perfectly, anyone know why it doesn't sync with the camera.
Eddie

Need more info, what do you have plugged into what? Where are the triggers placed? Is the flash on or off the camera?

Need more info, what do you have plugged into what? Where are the triggers placed? Is the flash on or off the camera?

Are you triggering the camera remotely?

What you could be seeing is pre-flash used by the TTL system

Mike

What i have is a canon 40D with the receiver from the yongnuo rf-602 attached to the hotshoe and connected to the camera by the cable to the side of the camera with a speedlite attached on the top of the receiver. The flash is set to manual i have also tried TTL The trigger is in my hand. The camera is on a tripod approx 10 ft away. When i press the trigger the flash will fire and also the camera fires but not at the same time flash fires first before the camera does. I tried this with the camera looking in a mirror but no flash shows in the reflection. When i bought this around 3 years ago it worked ok. A friend told me to try new batteries which i have done but still have the same problem. I need to have the flash sync with the camera.

Eddie

Take the 602 off the hotshoe and leave it connected to the camera via the wire (just let it dangle for now). Place flash on hotshoe and retry :)

Take the 602 off the hotshoe and leave it connected to the camera via the wire (just let it dangle for now). Place flash on hotshoe and retry :)

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the info. now works perfectly must be a faulty connection on the receiver would never had thought to try it like this.
Will have to cable tie it to the tripod.
Thank you for your help very much appreciated.:):clap:

Eddie

No faulty connection, it was never going to work like that

If you put it in the hotshoe properly it would be trying to transmit.(to another flash). You are using it as a receiver to fire the camera, hence it doesn't know which mode but does both. If you need to support it you can still put it in the hotshoe but turn it around and don't push it all the way. It won't make any contact then.

HTH

602's don't have pass through, the underside of the 602 is a coldfoot, the hotshoe is on the top

Back