York Minster Nave

Cracking shot Mark - great even light

Is this a single exposure? Then just a case of pulling and pushing the Fill and Recovery sliders to achieve the even light distribution?

Very good shot, strange about the building being 'off-sync'.

Cracking shot Mark - great even light

Is this a single exposure? Then just a case of pulling and pushing the Fill and Recovery sliders to achieve the even light distribution?

Thanks mate, not a lot to do really, just a long exposure (it is very dark in there) with a bit of shift to square up the verticals, then a tiny touch of highlight recovery, it evened itself out quite nicely.

Mark thats a wonderful shot.

What time of day was this was there anyone in?
Did you need permission as I know some cathedrals/churches do not allow photography especially with tripods.

Mark thats a wonderful shot.

What time of day was this was there anyone in?
Did you need permission as I know some cathedrals/churches do not allow photography especially with tripods.

The Minster are really good, they welcome photographers, they actually told me I could use a tripod, or flash if I wanted (mind you, a flash big enough to illuminate that area would make your eyes bleed!), as long as it was non-commercial, this shot for example I put on flickr but not my own site where I sell prints.

It was shot about 4pm, there was people about but I got lucky, towards the end of the exposure a lady walked in from the left side but she ghosted out.

Thanks for the info Mark
I often stay in york in my caravan so I may have a go myself but I dont have a shift lens

Superb shot Mark. One of the best I've seen from that angle.

Very nice shot,as a matter on interest do you use live view and exposure simulation for shots like that

Beautiful shot Mark - Love the Minster and often spent a Saturday afternoon walking around there when I was younger - lived in York from 1966 to 2000 :)

Back