York Minster

Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

1st time at adding images in this forum but i visited York Minster yesterday and thought some of you would care to see them. Any suggestions about making the image better would be great :)

York Minster -9 by border_all, on Flickr

York Minster -8 by border_all, on Flickr

The first shot is a 5 bracket shot from a tripod the second shot is hand held both from a Canon 5D3

Thanks

Allan

Both have lovely details and tones in them. The first needs straightening, you can do this in photoshop by pressing Ctrl+A this selects all the image, then press Ctrl+T this will fetch up the transform box. Now whilst hovering the mouse over the corner of the image press Ctrl and holding the left mouse button you can drag the corner of shot until the image appears straight. You do loose some of the image in doing this, something to bear in mind niext time doing interiors that require this technique is too shoot as wide as you can to allow for corrections. When your happy with the adjustments press the tick symbol on the top menu bar and the image is straightened. Now press Ctrl+D and the image is desellected.

Hope the long winded explanation is understandable, search Utube for video instructions on this. I had a go with this technique for your shot and it does loose some of the sides of the image but it looks better.

Thank you Steve good idea in fact i have just tried this in CS5 never knew you could do that afraid PS is not my strongest trait lol. Got the uprights straight as you mention you loose some of the top of the image and it looks far wider in the process.

Thank you again

Allan

Last edited:
i agree first needs a bit of a straighten but i do like them both

Back