You can't beat . . .

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
A good log :LOL:

6182717061_56902079dd_b.jpg

6183201820_2a6154bb9c_b.jpg

and finally, a bit of an abstract one . . .

6186454393_7a104e90c8_b.jpg

Really like em. No1 for me as it has a bit more going on in the sky at the horizon.

A very dramatic set of photos, love the dark moody atmosphere.

Terrific pictures, wow, just woke up and looked at these images and my eyes popped put of my head. So clear, great sky's and nice composition. Would you share your camera setting for picture 1?

Cheers

Great pictures especially number 1, would love to know your camera settings too if your willing to share?

defo #1 for me. I like the varying light on the 'log', rather than in #2, the log looks artificially lit. Hang it up!

#3 i kind of like, but the nuked sky against the sharp foreground puts me off a tad (y)

That, too, has ticked my boxes. A great effort!

Is it me or it has a slight subtle hint of HDR to them? (Don't worry, I'm becoming a fan of it). If so, it's very well done.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Well spotted Ian, there is indeed a touch of HDR in them (very subtle light smoothing), Photomatix, then into PS for some dodge and burn, isolate log and increase the sharpness on it, then into Lightroom for some cropping and final adjustments.. For those who wanted the camera settings, well they're both 5 shot brackets, 1EV step through each shot, f11 aperture.

Beautiful photos, no 1 is my favourite (y)

Very much like the first one - I assume there's an ND grad involved for the sky to change colour like that half way down?

Back