You-Frame warning

Name
Jenny
Edit My Images
Yes
I thought I would put a warning on here for anyone tempted to try You-Frame to get their canvasses printed.

Five weeks ago, I stupidly decided to try a Groupon offer for a You-Frame canvas. I have not received my canvas and my emails have gone unanswered.

Today, I decided to do a search on you-frame reviews and found out that there are lots of dissatisfied people in the same situation as me. Pity I did not do the research beforehand :(

I will keep on hounding them until I get my canvas or a refund but I thought I should mention it here in case anyone else is tempted.

AVOID YOU-FRAME LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Jenny

Just as a footnote to this, Groupon also have deals from another company offering discounts on canvas prints.

They are called PhotoArt and there service on a 30"x20" Canvas was excellent.

Just posting this for clarity because Groupon post deals from various companies offering similar services.

Sorry to hear your experience was so unpleasant though. :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Surely you should be able to claim your money back via groupon?

Just as a footnote to this, Groupon also have deals from another company offering discounts on canvas prints.

They are called PhotoArt and there service on a 30"x20" Canvas was excellent.

Just posting this for clarity because Groupon post deals from various companies offering similar services.

Sorry to hear your experience was so unpleasant though. :thumbsdown:

Thanks for this, Gary. Yes, I should have mentioned that it is no fault of Groupon. Just a pity that my first experience of Groupon was such a bad one.

I need to find out whether or not I will actually get the canvas eventually before ordering another one.

Jenny

Surely you should be able to claim your money back via groupon?

Yes, Tori, I read several reviews which said that Groupon refunded the money. However, the postage and packing was paid directly to you-frame. Not a huge amount, but it really annoys me that companies like this are allowed to go on trading.

I will wait a bit longer and hassle you-frame a bit more before asking Groupon for a refund.

Jenny

I'm told the you-frame is - as the name suggests - a canvas print and a set of stretchers - which you then assemble yourself.... I have spoken with someone who has had two - and in each case the canvas has moved after assembly as has exposed some of the strecher at the side...

I went for the same deal with YouFrame, Jenny, and mine still haven't turned up either...

I'm told the you-frame is - as the name suggests - a canvas print and a set of stretchers - which you then assemble yourself.... I have spoken with someone who has had two - and in each case the canvas has moved after assembly as has exposed some of the strecher at the side...

Well, David, if I ever receive it, I will let you know what it is like!

Jenny

I went for the same deal with YouFrame, Jenny, and mine still haven't turned up either...

When did you order yours, Chris?

I have just been searching on their web site and found an order status page. I entered my order number and it sent an email which says my order will be given high priority and will be printed within the next 7 days. It also says "Your order status is now in LOCKDOWN which is a production term we use to allow the fast tracking of the order through our system".

I have no idea whether that will help, but you could give it a try.

Jenny

When did you order yours, Chris?

I have just been searching on their web site and found an order status page. I entered my order number and it sent an email which says my order will be given high priority and will be printed within the next 7 days. It also says "Your order status is now in LOCKDOWN which is a production term we use to allow the fast tracking of the order through our system".

I have no idea whether that will help, but you could give it a try.

Jenny

It was the end of July! I just figured they might have been a tad busy... I'll see if I can find that order status thing and see what it says...

Interesting... 'Payment Received'...

I did notice they sold over 12,000 the last time they were on Groupon!

I did notice they sold over 12,000 the last time they were on Groupon!

Maybe Groupon should be checking that the companies providing offers can fullfil the orders?

I have got no problem if there is a delay in receiving the order, but I do expect a response to my emails explaining the problem. Some companies have no idea how to treat their customers.

Jenny

Maybe Groupon should be checking that the companies providing offers can fullfil the orders?

Or maybe, the end users, do the same?

You pay your money and take your chances.

As the saying goes you get what you pay for..... maybe should have eventually on the end !!

Well mine took three months to arrive and came with cheap stretcher bars and the canvas and I had to assemble it myself. I knew what to expect after ordering as a workmate did the same.

Best of all is there are cheaper better places on the web!!!

Really shocking service and they pretty much ignore your pleas.

Look at SnapMad for canvases.

I ordered mine 9-10 weeks ago and I have emailed lots...I was told a few weeks ago it was in LOCKDOWN then I was told it would be dispatched last week and I would get an email to confirm it. Obviously I have had nothing.
I will be really annoyed if I have to assemble it myself too!!
I would NEVER use this company again...it was supposed to be a present for somebody whose birthday was now a month ago!!

Gggrrrrrrrrr

As the saying goes you get what you pay for..... maybe should have eventually on the end !!

I'm sorry but that is a really pompous and unhelpful comment, I would have thought that if you buy something advertised, regardless of the price, the buyer should still expect to be treated to retail courtesy. And expect to receive the item in the time stated.

I know. I am usually very careful. On this occasion, a friend recommended Groupon and I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security that perhaps Groupon vet the companies that supply the offers.

That is the end of Groupon and YouFrame for me.

Jenny

I ordered mine 9-10 weeks ago and I have emailed lots...I was told a few weeks ago it was in LOCKDOWN then I was told it would be dispatched last week and I would get an email to confirm it. Obviously I have had nothing.
I would NEVER use this company again...it was supposed to be a present for somebody whose birthday was now a month ago!!

Gggrrrrrrrrr

Sorry to hear that, Sam.

Jenny

Snapmad are cheaper and deliver. Not the highest quality and normally you do get what you pay for - apart from Your Frame who are a joke with a very low quality product

You know in advance - It is guaranteed you will have to assemble it yourself with sticky bars and a rolled up canvas.

The print is barely ok but the bars are super cheap and you just peel back to reveal a sticky side.

Follow the instructions carefully.

You might want to push for a refund now before you get it..... You have 7 days from receipt of the product to claim a refund I believe.

Go to snapmad instead.

push for a refund now before you get it..... You have 7 days from receipt of the product to claim a refund I believe.

If you are thinking of this due to Distance Selling Regulations (DSR), it doesn't apply to customised items, which a photograph would count as.

Go to snapmad instead.

I am very happy with my SnapMad canvases. They may be considered a 'budget' option by some on here, but mine still look blooming good.

Torsion on the canvas (at A2) is still as strong as the 12" canvas I got (at 4x the price per sq. ")

Jenny
I got the same email - took them 3 weeks to send it!!! You will get it I'm sure but it just takes bloomin ages - and then you have to build it!!!

If you are thinking of this due to Distance Selling Regulations (DSR), it doesn't apply to customised items, which a photograph would count as.

Sorry you're right! But if they have not made it up you should be able to claim the money back? Raise it as a non delivery with the your credit card company

I thought I should mention that I received my canvas yesterday (6 weeks after ordering), and, yes, I had to put it together myself. I did not find it easy.

The quality of the print is not bad. The frame is metal because it is a large canvas. I have no idea how robust it is going to be.

I also have no idea how to hang it as the instructions did not mention that.

I guess you get what you pay for. Last week I ordered another canvas from Photobox. It arrived after a few days and it is very well constructed.

For those you-frame customers still waiting, I think the trigger for getting mine printed was subnmitting the form on this page http://www.yfcanvas.com/CheckOrderInfo.aspx. Things started to move after I submitted that.

Good luck!

Jenny

Hi jenny. My other half ordered the same groupon deal. He to has had problems, never arrived, so contacted them without reply. After about 3 months he spoke to groupon who said they were having problems with you frame and will report the missing items. A week later they arrived! So to anyone also waiting, contact groupon rather than you frame.

Not that I would bother, quality is dire and ours came out with a blue tinge to the pictures! Wouldn't use them again!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my prints and frame have finally turned up, and on the face of it, the prints look good. No colour cast, the print is decent enough, and hopefully it's not going to be too much of a pain to assemble...!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but my prints and frame have finally turned up, and on the face of it, the prints look good. No colour cast, the print is decent enough, and hopefully it's not going to be too much of a pain to assemble...!

Hi Chris, glad it arrived after 5 months!

Mine was a pain to assemble but only because I ordered a very large one. It was very unwieldy. I am sure that smaller ones are easier.

Jenny

I ordered 2 large ones, and had to wait 6 weeks for them. One, was spot on. The other had a green colour cast. Contacted customer service and they re-printed that one in under 2 weeks.

I'm very happy with what I have, and they were easy to assemble. I will also use them again, ...... but not if I'm in a hurry ... lol

Hi Chris, glad it arrived after 5 months!

Mine was a pain to assemble but only because I ordered a very large one. It was very unwieldy. I am sure that smaller ones are easier.

Jenny

It's the first time in my life I can ever claim to have started Xmas shopping in the summer! (y)

It's actually 2 orders, each of 2 prints... 2 for my Mum, 2 for me... I'll report back on how easy they are to assemble, but they look straightforward enough, from what I can see so far...

I would NEVER use them again. the are NOT cheap and quality is VERY poor.

www.snapmad.com are MUCH BETTER - quality is just reasonable (there are better but more expensive products) - you do get what you pay for except in the case of you-frame who are the worst company I've ever dealt with.

3-4 months for delivery is a JOKE!

All in all, the whole assembly thing isn't too bad... the canvas doesn't wrap around the frame completely, so it's liable to a bit of fraying. I didn't notice any colour casting on my prints (but they were virtually monochrome to begin with, albeit with a slight tint), and they were certainly clear enough...

I'd like to try them with a colour print to see how things fare, but overall, I'd probably use them again - IF they could guarantee delivery within a week or two AT MOST...

All in all, the whole assembly thing isn't too bad... the canvas doesn't wrap around the frame completely, so it's liable to a bit of fraying. I didn't notice any colour casting on my prints (but they were virtually monochrome to begin with, albeit with a slight tint), and they were certainly clear enough...

I'd like to try them with a colour print to see how things fare, but overall, I'd probably use them again - IF they could guarantee delivery within a week or two AT MOST...

Why would you use them? Cheap? Use snapmad! Better quality, just as cheap and faster delivery...... no brainer.

Oh - and they come ready to hang!

Back