Young Love ~ Sunset ~ And A Beach

Edit My Images
Yes
Caught this young couple watching the sunset on Brighton Beach.

109260737.jpg

Regards

Nigel

Last edited:
so how did you choose F13..., just felt about right? I never really know what f-stop to use!

Feels too dark for me. Plus the spikey haired plant thing feels like an intruder in a nice moment.

Hobsons choice mate I wanted to stick with about a 1/30th and I changed my aperture until the meter was happy.

Cheers

Nigel

Feels too dark for me. Plus the spikey haired plant thing feels like an intruder in a nice moment.

Can understand that Pete I wanted to keep it dark so they where silhouettes I quite like the triffid intruding on the moment, its all subjective and I understand not everyone likes the same thing.

I think I past one in the selection of the nights shots where it is just them in a slightly wider portrait crop, will have a look when I get home.

Thanks for the comments.

Nigel

You can have it bright and have them silhouettes. There's like 0 light shining on them so they're almost always going to be silhouttes. Silhouettes work best when they contrast against the scene not blend into it.

Last edited:
You can have it bright and have them silhouettes. There's like 0 light shining on them so they're almost always going to be silhouttes.

Will give it a go, I lowered the exposure during processing due to the fact that highlight detail was coming through on the pair I will have another look and see if I can raise the exposure slightly selectively.

Only just started playing with Lightroom as I have been having hissy fits with aperture for a couple of weeks so its still rather new to me and getting used to all the bells and whistles of it.

Trying to do everything in there at the moment and remove the need for PS unless its really necessary.

Will see what I can work up tonight...

Cheers

Nigel

I like this one Nigel, the plant should be a little more visible below the horizon to make it more part of the scene, still in silhouette but visible..

I wish they had cuddled!!.. he looks a little nerdy like that! lol..

Lovely picture none the less..

Untitled-1_%40_100__%28Curves_1%2C_Layer_Mask_8%29-20090217-125804.jpg

Very quick edit. Not perfect by any means.

Ok spill the beans, was that all in Lightroom or has this had a visit to PS land...

What have you actually done with this edit... I see I need to pass my provisional test for lightroom..

Nigel

I like this one Nigel, the plant should be a little more visible below the horizon to make it more part of the scene, still in silhouette but visible..

I wish they had cuddled!!.. he looks a little nerdy like that! lol..

Lovely picture none the less..

Cheers mate.... they did not want to play ball with a cuddle.... not fair.. holdy hands was the limit...

Nigel

Ok spill the beans, was that all in Lightroom or has this had a visit to PS land...

What have you actually done with this edit... I see I need to pass my provisional test for lightroom..

Nigel

PS but nothing you can't do in Lr. I adjusted the levels and then used the shadow / highlight tool to increase the detail in the shadows. In Lr you would use fill light.

I agree with Pete but I wouldn't push it quite as far myself. I can see what you were doing with the plant but it does intrude a bit.

I quite like it personally, cant put my finger on it, but (y) from me :)

Have just done a re-edit and posted the images should show in original post once Pbase catches up with itself.

Nigel

Here it is to save scrolling.

109260737.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant - Thats way better!

I agree with Pete but I wouldn't push it quite as far myself. I can see what you were doing with the plant but it does intrude a bit.

Sorry Gary missed your comments earlier do apologise....

I have done a re-edit as you can see..

Regards

Nigel

I quite like it personally, cant put my finger on it, but (y) from me :)

Many thanks Betty.... sorry for missing your comments.

Nigel

I keep whizzing up and down and I cant actually see a difference between your first one and the edit. Pete said to make it lighter... is it lighter now?

I keep whizzing up and down and I cant actually see a difference between your first one and the edit. Pete said to make it lighter... is it lighter now?

Janice my fault I replaced the image in Pbase so the top image is the same as the bottom, the original edit was much darker in the foreground.... I should have used the grey matter and posted both but it is after five and I have switched it off to conserve energy.

Silly me eh...

Nigel

Back