Young starling and an aerial starling fight

You're lucky. I'm an RSPB member (as I'm sure many are), and their latest bird watch report for 2012 raises some alarming statistics for starlings, with their spotted numbers in UK gardens dropping by over 70%. I haven't seen any iin our garden for at least 2 years, and I do miss them

Good shots BTW

Influx of magpies that's why.

Get captures by the way. Great timing on number 2

You must have lightening reflexes. Great 2nd image. Well captured(y)

Well caught Adam
agree with Dougie no2 is a cracker

Thanks! It isn't so much lightning fast reflexes as much as it is patience... When the feeder gets busy (especially fat balls) I have to sit and watch, a fight will break out, eventually, and then it's just a case of clickclickclickclick and hope I get something! :D Thanks the positive feedback!

You're lucky. I'm an RSPB member (as I'm sure many are), and their latest bird watch report for 2012 raises some alarming statistics for starlings, with their spotted numbers in UK gardens dropping by over 70%. I haven't seen any iin our garden for at least 2 years, and I do miss them

Good shots BTW

I have heard :( Though you wouldn't know it here. Sometimes I'll have maybe 10-15 starlings in the garden at a time, and the other day there were 7 youngsters lined up on the fence waiting for their parents to feed them. A lot of people don't seem to like starlings, but I have come across an encouraging amount of people who do like them. I hope they recover!

Back