Your best motorsport photo of 2010

Just had a look through and realised how boring most of my stuff is :(
Must try harder next season.
I think this is my favourite: A touch of opposite lock around Lodge :D

Here is one of the world champion Mr Vettel :) Taken at the first Grand Prix, Bahrain in March 2010.

SebVet.jpg

Ooo, a chance to look through my back catalogue. It's been a white since I've been out shooting. Lack of money and time rather annoyingly. I'm not sure if anyone's missed me though. :p

I think I'll have to go with this pan at 1/125:

4612816234_61b41f7393_o.jpg

It's not a photoshop. All it's had is a slight sharpen and levels.

Last edited:
I had my first and only go at motorsport this year, Lemans Series at silverstone.
58392_431234708386_673418386_5139260_5218574_n.jpg

I hope to get another go at something in the future I enjoyed it.

It's difficult to work out if favourite means best, but from all 9 rounds of the NETT Quad Championship, plus 1 round of the British Quad Championship, one photo stands out more than the rest, for me, even though the sky is blown (who gives a damn! Couldn't have worked it any other way really).

50cc rider Ewan Williams at Wooley Grange. Round 9 of the NETT. Even better that Ewan's dad purchased this one, plus another cracking shot from the same round. :)

Ewan Williams by Oliver Coats, on Flickr

Last edited:
this was really hard to pick just 1
maybe not my best shot (I Know)
but my personal favourite, taken with my cheapest lens (50mm 1.8)
4695840613_0e4b33b1fd_b.jpg

Ventured to my 1st Speedway event this year at Eastbourne, so something slightly different to the usual type of racing I photograph

IMG_3974copy1.jpg

I will have to go for this one.
Sebastien Ogier - WRC Rally Turkey 2010

possibly one of the best shots i have taken, sideways, on the limit, pushing hard...

Walesrgb2.jpg

Only had my Camera a month when I took this :) Danny Eyles Team Japspeed S15 @ Knockhill final round of British Drift Championship.
2lp1mh.jpg

Last edited:
possibly one of the best shots i have taken, sideways, on the limit, pushing hard...

Walesrgb2.jpg

(y) love this i recently had the pleasure of a passenger lap with Mathew Wilson through the greystoke forest in the car K.AL Qassimi used awesome is the only words i can use to describe the experiance .

any way now to what i think is my best motorsport shot of the year i took this at Oulton park in sept and personally love it ,i'm hoping to spend more time behind the camera next season and improve things

4980606634_9fb0031afe_b.jpg

My effort.
_MG_6441.jpg

Last edited:
Longish exposure, flash (to light up the reflective stickers) then moved the camera to a light source (pits) and panned it quickly across the light source at the same angle I shot the car (to get the coloured lines)

And thanks for the massive compliment

Not taken many motorsport pics this year but I like this one if only because I can see the tread depth on the tyres and it was a bit of a challenge getting the white car against the white/grey skies.

bmw303web.jpg

Cheers Gary,
Compliment is well deserved,because as you know I try to be honest if I am not so keen .

What it proves is that pics like these are thought out , a process is involved and plenty of skill and experience to pull it off.

Of course it wont always work,but when it does ,it can be spectacular and totally different to the rest.

Night stuff is hard ,flash to me is even harder to get right,so max credit.

Ok,enough of the sycophantic smoke blowing ,lets get back to taking neck breaking angle shots,totally out of focus(y)

Pons:)

Back