YOUR favourite birdshot.

Stunning.. im not jealous.. honest!

Where was that taken if you don't mind me asking!

of course I don't mind... the shot was taken a few miles from Swaffham in Norfolk, it is one of a lcoal pair that have been in the same area for a few years and every now and again allow me to get quite close. This is an uncropped shot and was taken with a 40D and a 400 f5.6.

Hi

Had a great time on the Leighton Moss meet ,and was the first time Id been, deffo not the last, heres a bittern shot, my fav from the day

3802862953_eec6e6b3b8_o.jpg

Dave

:eek: ... there's not many get to see and capture a real live Bittern let alone smell its armpits Dave... :cautious:

Great take m8... ;)

:p

Wow, great thread, and some absolutely stunningly amazing shots... almost don't want to post mine as it's nowhere near... however, I'm going to anyway :D...

This is one of my faves to date... The other would have been better, but I mucked up the framing :nuts:

IMG_7934.jpg

Absolutely no reason why not John... :shrug: ... that's gorgeous in its different-ness and the detail is amazingly good... (y)

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 300 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: -4/3 EV

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/400)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 200 mm
Focal Length: 201.6 mm
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

Click on pic for large. keep em comming some great pictures peeps

Last edited:
of course I don't mind... the shot was taken a few miles from Swaffham in Norfolk, it is one of a lcoal pair that have been in the same area for a few years and every now and again allow me to get quite close. This is an uncropped shot and was taken with a 40D and a 400 f5.6.

Bloody hell, I've only managed to find one barn owl near me and it's very shy!

GPA,that swan is delightful..........(y)

Wow, great thread, and some absolutely stunningly amazing shots... almost don't want to post mine as it's nowhere near... however, I'm going to anyway :D...

And why not? The detail is lovely.

The birds don`t need to be uber rare or utterly brilliant,these are YOUR favourite images....(y)

No it's a Goldfinch like I said :D

Yeah, it's an Acer. Our 1st anniversary Acer no less (we bought it to mark the occasion).

Here's my best one- taken at the London Wetlands Centre with my D60 and Bigma.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Oscar ;)

I still want to duck each time i see this :LOL:

(y)

I still want to duck each time i see this :LOL:

(y)

That's a great shot! Is it a wild bird or some sort of demo? Not that it takes anything from the shot at all.

It reminds of when I was pheasant shooting once standing in a fire break between the trees and driven pheasants were pouring overhead. An owl flew straight past me at just above head height and I could see his eyes flicking backwards and forwards. He'll never know how close he came. :D

Thanks CT
It was taken at a Hawk Conservancy in kent/sussex.

It reminds of when I was pheasant shooting once standing in a fire break between the trees and driven pheasants were pouring overhead. An owl flew straight past me at just above head height and I could see his eyes flicking backwards and forwards. He'll never know how close he came. :D

Indeed, I have been in that situation as well Cedric,lift,aim and....hang on,that ain`t a bloody pheasant........phewwwwwwww

First photo post here .
This is one of my faviorites i was on a bank and as it flew down i got on to it :)
Rob.
magwings-1.jpg

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Cracking shot (y)

Damn... you missed the focus on the eyes... :cautious:

OJ... :naughty:

What a simply fantastic capture that is... (y) ... such symmetry in a wild bird shot is very unusual and extremely well shown in yours Rob ... it just goes to show what beauty there is even in our 'black and white' Magpies.

Superb image imhgo... ;)

Maggie is a cracking shot,well done.....:clap:

I know this isn't good, or a very exciting subject, but it's probably the best I have managed yet...

P1030680.jpg

First photo post here .
This is one of my faviorites i was on a bank and as it flew down i got on to it :)
Rob.

I think I might have seen this on the LBC photo album ;) a lovely shot!

Great photo Damien, good detail and I love the way the reflection in the glass mimics the white pattern on goose's face. Canadian goose right?

You're nearly at 500 posts too :)

Cheers Steven! Definitely my favourite pic from our day on the Broads

This is post number 499! Better make my next one a good one!!!:D

This was probably one of my favourites:

I still like this more than any other bird shot I've taken. Reasons; it was the first shot I took where I actually saw what I wanted and it worked out right and also I had the opportunity to have 5 images looked at by Andy Rouse and although all of the other 4 pics had stuff he didn't like, would have changed/done differently, he really like this one (gave it 8/10). Not technically great as it was taken when I new even less than now but I still love it.

Great idea for a thread by the way and some stunning shots too. (y)

Andy

I really like that one Andy,it is different to the norm..............:clap:

Back