Your favourite motorsport shot from 2012

Gonna go for this shot from my faves of this year as it was my first weekend using the 7D plus i am partial to a tilt and a bit of heat haze as you may have noticed :LOL:

827-2.jpg

Last edited:

Ha. Yes its a deliberate effect. I was going for a more artistic look. I don't like to take the same standard shots that anyone stood by the track holding a camera can take. You see people all around the track holding cameras and they all just end up with the same sorts of images. It is important to create something that stands out, and I like the challenge of producing something different which no one has seen or thought of producing before. That is where I get my buzz! :)

So that was essentially my aim with that image. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea though :confused:

www.chrisg-photography.com
Twitter: @TheArtofRacing

Last edited:
I found it nearly impossible to decide between two shots I've taken this year, both of which are my favourites for different reasons.

After deliberating I've gone for this one, purely because I'd never tried anything like this beforehand (i.e. a super slow pan through trees and foliage etc); and I was pleased I managed to pull it off.

The shot was taken on the Rally Legend Boucles de Spa in Belgium, and it just so happened to be of the winning crew:

8254745677_134a8545b8_c.jpg

Cheers,

Rhod

Hard to argue against that Adam... thats a corker!

Female kart racer, Nicole Coffey, bouncing the kerb after the straight and getting some air. Round 6 of Motorsport Ireland Kart Championships held at Kiltorcan.

DSC_3314 by Foamcutter, on Flickr

Thanks guys. Chris it was taken at Donington GP circuit just as they come off the Loop.

Ah. I'd love to get to Donington more often but its pretty difficult when you live in London and don't have a car.

I've just had a look at your website too. Its a nice site. A lot more professional looking and sleek than a lot you see, you've got some good images on there. I like the ones which could almost be considered as landscapes......seems you're developing your own style. Good to see a photographer who knows it takes more than just getting a car in focus to make a good image. Keep up the good work!

www.chrisg-photography.com
Twitter: @TheArtofRacing

Last edited:
I've just had a look at your website too. Its a nice site. A lot more professional looking and sleek than a lot you see, you've got some good images on there. I like the ones which could almost be considered as landscapes......seems you're developing your own style. Good to see a photographer who knows it takes more than just getting a car in focus to make a good image. Keep up the good work!

I'm with Chris, nice site with 'different' images. It's also nice to see the use of light trails when the vehicle isn't moving ;)
Love the silhouette image, I prefer the one with the setting sun though.

Michael Laverty on the Samsung Honda at the bottom of the mountain Cadwell Park. Like everyone it is hard to choose one shot when there are literally thousands from the year but i always seem to come back to this one, never done much close up stuff so tried some this year. Hope you like. Col

LavertyCad~1 by colspics1, on Flickr

Has to be this one...

cp_bsb_ak_120827-1087.jpg

some say... that this features as a finalist in the MSV photo of the Year competition over on MSV.com (y)

not a photographer by any means and only own a basic point a shoot camera but this is my favourite from the year.

Just reminds me of the fun I had baking in 40degC heat for 6 days in Misano for World ducati week

IMG_0551.jpg

Thanks matey B-)

Thanks guys :)

Has to be this one...

cp_bsb_ak_120827-1087.jpg

some say... that this features as a finalist in the MSV photo of the Year competition over on MSV.com (y)

I have never won anything in my life but - I voted for this and it won so does that count?

VERY well done that man, have a large virtual bottle of bubbly on me

.DAVID.

Cheers David! *hic*

Back