!! Your Favourite Shot Of 2007 !!

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
As title what is your favorite shot that you have taken this year.
if you post can you say why its your favourite shot .? might just be the subject/ sharpness/ whatever it is

this is in general so it does not matter if you fav was a motorcar drifting round a corner. or a bluetit sat on a perch. or your little star posing for mommy+daddy..:LOL:

so come on folks lets see what your favourite shot is and why you like it....(y)

personally i look forward to seeing alot of shot in this thread of all sorts

all the best and a merry xmas and happy new year from monkeydave (y)

:shrug: i suppose i had better start off..

boots-copy.jpg

reason although techically this shot is not great i just love the pose with the boots makes me smile everytime i look at it...:D

md(y)

I really don't know. I suppose any of the images from my Honeymoon in Malaysia are my favourites as they bring back such great memories.

Maybe this then:

Petronas Twin Towers, KL
Petronas2.jpg

I think this one has to be my favourite shot of this year.

I had not long had the camera and I think this was the first picture I was really proud of :confused:

owl3.jpg

Great thread md, I was going to start this next week :D
BTW Just a note to everyone...please choose ONE shot....Don't say "Actually I cant decide between these 50 shots ;)"...Just choose one :p

I think this is my favourite for the year (well for me, the last 4 months as that's how long i've had my camera ;)).

It was my first day out shooting in RAW format and I only spotted this shot when I happened to glance out of the passenger window on the way down the road - complete luck really :)

I've posted it here before but this time with more tree cropped out - apart from that its as seen!

Howden Dam, Derwent Valley

derwbow_r.jpg

Really like that bongo:clap:

Mine has got to be this one for a couple of reasons. I'd not had the camera very long and was still getting used to what it would do and the only pp I had to do was a quick resize to post it on here:)
Arrows.jpg

It's a tough call picking just one, but I'll go with this one.

OY8N8947-01.jpg

One image as a single favorite for the whole year?! Might as well ask me which one of my three children I love the most while you're at it. LOL.

Although I took a load of, for me, great shots & landscapes this year (one you voted to go on the TP calendar - thanks)

For me it'd have to be one of my kids I shot this year. Although there were quite a few of them, this little girl, Amy, had the most puppy-like, doleful expression and the absolutely best porcelain-like skin I've ever seen

This image here I thinks shows that as her face hasn't been touched up at all, it really is this smooth

Merry Christmas everyone :wave::wave::wave:

Amy_for_TPF.jpg

this is one of my favourite taken with the 5D, so many to choose from!
IMG_1174-copy-1.jpg

My fav of the year has to be this one of my youngest, not totally sure why think its the eye contact.

daniel-small.jpg

Technically pretty poor but it's probably something I'll never get the chance of again.
Squirrel_A.jpg

Bob

I think this has got to be my favourite, it was taken just a few days ago and was one of the first shots with my D300, I was blown away by the colours, skin tones, sharpness and clarity of the shot straight from the camera. I've just had it printed at 12x8 and mounted, I've tried to recreate the colours of the double mount in this version, the final product looks stunning and even Jan has said that she thinks it is one of my best yet.

0712_Gracie_008-Edit2.jpg

Can I borrow that D300 Col?

I won't drop it, honest.............
2057461013_1ffa81cbdc.jpg

A fave from this year as it signifies a plan coming together. The hill beneath my right foot is Ben Nevis.

Guess it's got to be this one, a culmination of luck a bit of pp and being lucky enough to live in a beautiful part of the world.

Wells Quay

I picked this photo because it was the only bike event I went to in 2007, due to the busy year covering horse trial meetings.

Dsc_0899copy2.jpg

Many thanks,

Paul

Jesus Col, that looks awesome, so sharp and the colours are excellent.

must get D300 must get D300

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/DS0368_Medium_.JPG[/
[img]http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/DSCF0368_Medium_.JPG

My son's wedding last september in Canada. What a fantastic
country to get married and a photography's dream.

Has to be this one for me - I promised some blurry flower photos when I joined, so here's proof that I can do it! :D
z2007_0529_155458.jpg

I'm quite proud of this one taken at the Edinburgh Fringe in August.

1174793404_a6d47dac80.jpg

I think this is the best one from this year. It wasn't a particularly pretty moment (full story on flickr if you click the pic for the link). But it came out precisely how I thought it would - it was the shot I'd aimed for and that made me happy. Its been posted on here before and someone said it was a good National Geographic type pic. That was a big compliment, because that's just what I thought when I took it.

Great thread MD(y)
There are some crackers here already
MD
Hacker
MK
MV
To name just a few of my favorites(y)

I have chosen the photo below as my favourite for a few reasons.

• First photo I have taken and been proud of
  • Lot's of my friends love it
  • Before taking, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get into photograpy. Now I am hooked!!

arthursseataz7.jpg

I have posted it here before, it could have been improved upon but all in all I was very pleased with this shot.
1660080354_01263689e3_o.jpg

So much crap to chose from to post :shrug:
I am "proud" of this for the fact that its one of my first landscape attempts that actually worked
"Sun up" over Yllas

nifty fifty f/4 1/160 ISO 200

Sun-up1.jpg

I know ive already commented on it but that shot mr cobra is one of my favourites i've seen on this forum since i've been posting on it! :)

This is mine first real effort at taking a decent photo spent all day snapping but this is the one that I will remember as one I was pleased with.

uglybw.jpg

Some of the photos on this thread are outstanding BTW:clap:

Here's mine, Bridal Veil Falls in Yosemite, California

90487384.jpg

Duncan

I know ive already commented on it but that shot mr cobra is one of my favourites i've seen on this forum since i've been posting on it! :)

Thanks Bongo (y)

Well i gota say every single one is just outstanding. well done to you all.:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Back