Your Shot Of The Year?

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
As the year draws to an end there must be one shot from 2006 that you're particularly pleased with? No dithering, pick one shot and stick with it. ;)

No prizes, just a thread full of great pics for us all to enjoy. (y)

I have to go with this one I think.

hover_fly_on_tiger_lily.jpg

Come on then peeps, get posting those killer pics. :D

Oh well... back to the shopping. Aaaagh! :puke:

hmm got a few, but i like this one as it reminds me of Canada.

IMG_1235.jpg

ooh nice shot both of ya, going canada in 13 days, banff skiing :D

This was the athabaska glacier in mid august, about 150k north of banff. more canada shots on my site if you want a butchers. Have fun over there, don't forget your camera. There's a new photo oppertunity around every corner :D

going for a gander now! cant wait! taking all my kit, 70-200 2.8 24-70 2.8, should be able to get some nice shots! just need some more memory cards :p

I'd have to go with my calendar entry I think

Love_Story.jpg

Three great shots to look at so far. Outside of work images, I don't think I've really seen half the stuff I've shot this year yet.

A nice project for the quiet days of December I thought..... still waiting.

( I know, not good to complain about being busy). :)

Difficult one! I think I'll go with this although I might change my mind later....;)

Vipers1.jpg

All of these are fantastic shots, I think my favourite is

sun.jpg

Possibly not as good as some of the others here, but think it is one of my best as well as a favourite. Makes me smile.

I remember that shot when you posted it originally Sue - a truely lovely photo IMO

Some great photographs here already ... great stuff peeps ... (y)

And Sue ... you shouldn't dumb yourself down ... :shake:

Leave it to others ... :D ... no seriously yours is a super moody shot ... (y)

I guess I will go with this one ... not technically perfick but it is the first ... (and only !) ... one someone actually asked for a poster of to frame and put on their wall ... :D

And it is sort of seasonal I suppose ... ;)

DSC00190019-1.jpg

Cheers guys 'n gals ... :p

I reckon this could be my favourite of the year. I've really enjoyed getting in with the autocross championship. I've learnt loads and earned a couple of bob along the way too.

651.jpg

Nice one but ... interesting choice Jamey ... :thinking:

For me the crane shot wins it hands down ... no contest ... a phenomenal shot m8 ... (y)

:p

That's a great shot Jamey, very quirky and different, spot on!

Quite like this one, but not 100% so may change it:

EasternBongo_IMG_6575web_.jpg

Captured while on safari in Edinburgh (zoo) ;)

:D

This is mine, unlike you guys I didn't have that many good ones to choose from :)

Shop-end.jpg

i thought that was cloud for a minute, but i assume it's smoke ?

Cracking shot though (y) looks like the afterburner is on, so he was fairly shifting at the time.

This is probably my favourite shot of the year.

Red2.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg
hi, not many photos, i have only just got camera but i think this one does it for me, i have only ever seen shots like this from you guys or magazines!.

Interesting shot nelly, what is it / are they?

No dithering, pick one shot and stick with it. ;)

Easy for you to say!

I could pick any one of oooo lots from my USA trip. Still like the one that is going in the calendar.... but this one is nice too :)

monolake.jpg

Mono Lake, California. 2 pictures stitched with PTAssembler

Hard for me to decide, I only started photography about march last year with the purchase of my 20D at the end of Feb.

I guess for the moment it would be this one.
IMG_2268_print.jpg

This is mine I think....

100902915-L-1.jpg

hi grendel, they are some sort of fungi, i thought they were puffballs but i am not sure. Neil

day-1-mono-copy1.jpg

for personal reasons this is my fav :naughty:

Been all over but I quite like this one..:)

panning-small.jpg

Chippy.jpg

Great thread and a tricky one as got some great stock in 2006, notably the homeless stuff, the drugs stuff, some sport etc.

Was a close run thing between 2 shots really, both for different reasons and neither is technically perfect but when I sit at my desktop both images make me smile.

First up this one, which helped catapult my workload, my rep and has got my working bespoke for Bristol Rugby, which is nice-

The second one, if I am allowed, is this live music shot from a summer festival I covered. If you can all recall, my first 'real' press gig. Going here has opened so many doors for me, brought new friends into my life and been a real blessing for which I am grateful, hence its inclusion.

Back