Your thoughts on my cricket shots please

Some very nice shots, good ball capture with shutter speed too :)

On the third image, I might, however "move" the cricket ball somewhere more suitable rather than leaving it flat on the ground - just doesn't look right compared to the cricketers pose (was he rubbish, hence the ball is rolling along the floor and he looks like he's going to bat waist height?)

Hi again Gareth, some good shots there, my advice previously offered still stands (here).

Keep shooting an posting for feedback - I really believe it helps us all to improve (y)

Some very nice shots, good ball capture with shutter speed too :)

On the third image, I might, however "move" the cricket ball somewhere more suitable rather than leaving it flat on the ground - just doesn't look right compared to the cricketers pose (was he rubbish, hence the ball is rolling along the floor and he looks like he's going to bat waist height?)

When you ask if the batsman was rubbish- I would say that he did play in the YB 40 Final at Lords yesterday and the shot in question was a cracking cover drive.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean by "moving" the ball.

Last edited:
Hi again Gareth, some good shots there, my advice previously offered still stands (here).

Keep shooting an posting for feedback - I really believe it helps us all to improve (y)

Thanks for posting Tony. I appreciate your input.

A good set Gareth. I'd personally straighten 1 & 2 so the stumps are vertical.

1st thing I thought of when I saw 3 was a cover drive. I think Carl was referring to some form of photoshoppery with the ball, not something I'd advise in sports photography

fabs said:
A good set Gareth. I'd personally straighten 1 & 2 so the stumps are vertical.

1st thing I thought of when I saw 3 was a cover drive. I think Carl was referring to some form of photoshoppery with the ball, not something I'd advise in sports photography

^^^ this. Marc is spot on.

Back