Yuletide Serenade.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
3148828538_78d10e078c_o.jpg

70-200 2.8L IS (at about 150mm) 800 ISO.

It's been a pretty forgettable Christmas for us this year. We've both been laid absolutely low with this viral flu thing going round and we're only just coming out the other end of it. Anyway I managed to summon up the will and the interest today to grab this shot.

Just to put the cap on it altogether, some low life has hit my debit card just prior to Christmas to a total of over 1100 quid. We're not at all sure how this has happened , but the good news is the bank has refunded my account today which is something of a relief.

Sorry to hear the flu got you folks as well. Seems like everyone around has had it. :(
So the £1100 it wasn't that new camera that you said you weren't going to tell the Mrs about? No seriously its just as well the bank refunded as it happens so often now.

Oh yes and to the shot, really good as ever ;) It's nice and sharp and you can only just see the glue that you used on the branch

Bit closer than normal CT?

Not your normal angle either .... :thinking:

Have you moved?

It was about 5 feet I suppose. If he sees me outside now he comes down pretty close. I'd have liked it a tad sharper but it was hand held at 125th I think, which was pushing it a bit with the head movement.

Glad you're recovering from your viral infection. I had that last year over the season. That was bad enough, without the debit card problems.

Excellent serenade (y)

I really like that CT, lovely colours and feather detail. (y)
Would have preferred the branch on the other side of his tail but hey ho!

That flu virus is the pits, was knocked off my feet with it myself, so I know how badly it drags you down. Hope youre both back to full health again soon.

Lovely shot CT - as usual your Robin is ultra sublime - very much like your use of DOF here.

Awwwwww I wondered why you wernt about! hope you and your wife are well for the new year.

robin as always stunning hand held too!

glad your bank has refunded I would have died!

carol

Sorry to hear of your woes.
Another terrific shot again, superb OOF background too.

If you find out who stole ya money, cut there bloody fingers off.

It wouldn't be their fingers! ;)

I certainly hope that enquiries are being pursued into it. There were a total of 6 fraud transactions on the card - all by telephone, and the goods must have been delivered to somewhere.

I rarely use my debit card as I'm usually shopping with Jan so it's hers which tends to get used all the time. This was a very rare purchase when I went on my own to Currys of all places, and the frauds took place a few days later. No matter how respectable the firm you're dealing with of course, they're always going to have the odd dodgy employee, and I know from dealing with cases like this that boy friends of check out girls can often be a real threat.

Sadly I doubt this will be pursued as rigorously as it might be, as banks and credit card companies write off millions to fraud every year.

Back