Yummy stu for dinner

A most impressive Roe pic Stu , I think this could be your best so far , love the composition and expression , though I would love to see him with out the tongue out too if you got it . Well done .

Very kind Mark thank you........we talk a bit buddy.....ha ha you know me mate i'm a bit brutal with my own frames. and also a complete lunatic out to have fun at every chance......life can be very hard mate as we both know too well ..........................having a crack and seeing folks smile is my coping mech I suppose.

Mind there is such a buzz for me about these Roe Mark and their response to hearing the camera,I'll never tire of all this

... I do really like the frame the comp the pose the raised foot the tongue makes me smile mate , and that's why I posted mainly in the hope of making someone else smile too with a mad caption as a title. ;) But for me the light is too harsh and I needed him to approach me more over to the right , to not have so much of him in shadow for things to really pan out and me personally to consider this to be amongst me best. I hope you get what i'm trying to get out mate the words are really really kind,especially from you are you are always honest with me,

Yes buddy I have more............ tonnes actually pretty sure he's the same lad in the last couple of frames posted here on a different occssion, but have an absolute rake of him around this one, it's just after that mud hare pic I showed you and Dale and Mike privately Mark. you'll have to bare with me though bro I have to be disciplined and go back to my wood work, but i'll try and share another fairly soon

all the best mate

stu

Cheers Janny....sort of..............well here's what I think is happening Jan there is no science behind it only a madman's observations.:D.................. Jan they do this a lot on approaching me I see this really often.......................I think they are wetting their nose/s to help improve their ability to smell........ya know how scent hangs on a damp morn................I think it's something along those lines..not so much taste more linked to moisture content and smell. Jan as I say no substance, they can see me but i'm not in a form they can fathom as human IE lay on the floor usual head to toe camo. I'm right in front of him in the open no cover...................they can hear the camera shutter.........so scent is everything.

I see the exact same thing with very close very curious hares Jan I'm sure it's tied in to scent, but I can't say that as fact, just a theory based on lot's and lots of incidents. I don't think it's a displacement activity Jan sure it's somethiing to do with trying to improve their sensory perceptions of what the hell is in front of them?????

take care mate interesting isn't it:)

I look hard Jan, ( watch like a hawk is the phrase) mind I oft have no idea if the conclusions I make from the observation has any substance.............. this image making lark helps with all that. things happen fast in the wild silly FPS add more clues

Jacobson's isn't that linked to phelgm ( response) Jan, that right isn't it ? forgive me mate i'm 4 cans short of a six pack as usual, this wood work lark for me camper is so taxing ,trying to focus intently for hours an hours is a tiny bit demanding. I let slip just once been screaming quietly at meself most of the day

Ha ha bless ya mate lovely to finally get in from the cold ( although I'd have stuck in there for longer if I had the light) and the first thing I read has me giggling so cool thank you (y)

What a proud looking beast mate, nice capture.

Flehmen. It's when you see an animal open its mouth and scent. Male deer do it, a lot. Horses do it (when you think a horse is laughing, it's not). Cats do it, but not dogs as far as I know.
Lol me an letters Jan :LOL: cheers for the correction ha that's funny........... I pondered this at some frozen point today.......i've seen it in fallow Jan you may recollect I was playing fallow alot when I first started posting here, but never in Roe maybe that's just because roe are so sketchy I dunno.....maybe that's for next year huh?;)

What a proud looking beast mate, nice capture.

Yup he's lord of the manner alright Dale, he should look proud I guess;)........................Interesting position to be in Dale lying on the floor you know what had just happened and a few moments layer he's right in front of me and when this image was made still coming ever closer. Fortunately i'm not clever enough to worry about much other than working the camera trying to put the red square in the right place and not mess everything up :LOL: . Looking back through all the frames that night was thought provoking though !!:)

Back