Beginner YWP & Woburn pics.

Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst on the look out for a particular tutorial i stumbled across this forum and saw some great images from YWP so thought i would have a look through my collection and see if there were any touch ups i could do to make anything worth sharing..

Not spent anywhere near enough time out and about with a camera so joined up to help me get back in the saddle.

YWP pics taken 3.5 years ago when i didn't have a clue.

Woburn pics taken April this year, when i 'thought' i had a bit more of an idea what i was doing but on reflection i might have actually got worse..

Random Laybirds

Personal fav is the Zebra by a longshot.

Depending on taste, there are two major flaws in all of these (imho); excessive vignetting and unnatural colours. Saying that, I can see why a lot of people would like these shots - without the vignette and clipping the Lion's foot, I would have really liked that first one.

What is it about the Zebra you personally like?

Depending on taste, there are two major flaws in all of these (imho); excessive vignetting and unnatural colours. Saying that, I can see why a lot of people would like these shots - without the vignette and clipping the Lion's foot, I would have really liked that first one.

What is it about the Zebra you personally like?

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, agree with you on the vignetting. This was an attempt to get more focus on the subject which I failed to achieve using the actual camera..

I really disliked the colours sootc so I just ended up going with what I liked as opposed to trying to keep a strong element of naturalism.

There was a big log in the way of the lion's paw so it was either keep log or lose paw, went with the latter.

As regards the zebra I can't think of a technical reason why i like it the most. It just feels 'punchy' and draws my eye. Also I like it's depressed expression for some reason.

I guess that's why photography is such fun, it's completely subjective and something you find horrific another person could love.

Cheers.

Back