Zambia

Wow the beauty of Africa!
So much more beautiful in the real world than in the zoo.

well done Mark.

I don't know what you said to the Lion, but I think you scared him :D
Tis as cracking image as is the Elephant feeding.
I would have liked to have seen more (in the frame) of the big cats though.
3 & 5 that is, number 2 works very well IMO.
Nice set (y)

A comment from a moderator is an honour indeed...thank you & your points are noted with 3 & 5

A comment from a moderator is an honour indeed...thank you

My pleasure :)
We just don't seem to have the
time to get out on the forums as much as we would like. ;)

Out-freaking-standing. Marvellous set!

Fantastic pictures - especially like the leopards, a beautiful animal I consistently struggle to see (and photograph).

Where abouts in the Lower Zambezi Vallley were you?

Overwhelmed by all your comments thank you.

Majority were taken using a 500mm f4 others with a 70-210 f2.8.

Taken whilst staying in the Old Mondoro Camp...superb place

Excellent set. Nice to see such animals in their real enviroment. Love the elephant shot.

Wow! Very very amazing photographs!!!! Well done :)

Like everyone says, great set very jealous

I absolutely love that last one of the elephant!

Fantastic series, god I'm jealous! Ha.

There is nothing like wildlife photography in my opinion. I like landscape photography but everything is still except the sky. Wildlife is unpredictable and that is what makes it exciting. Getting a good photo is just a bonus for me!

I absolutely love that last one of the elephant!

Fantastic series, god I'm jealous! Ha.

There is nothing like wildlife photography in my opinion. I like landscape photography but everything is still except the sky. Wildlife is unpredictable and that is what makes it exciting. Getting a good photo is just a bonus for me!

Yes, landscape is what i do, this was a first for me but certainly wont be the last

That elephant is just stunning, i did the safari, many yars ago with a film camera, how i wish i could go back with my digital, one day maybe

That elephant is just stunning, i did the safari, many yars ago with a film camera, how i wish i could go back with my digital, one day maybe

Digital or film...its just a great experience to be there..

Digital or film...its just a great experience to be there..

And there is the trick....it is all too easy to spend your whole time in the bush watching everything through a viewfinder, concentrating on getting photographs rather than spending a little time just sitting back and properly appreciating the wonders of the African bush.

I used to live in Zambia, though a bit further north from where these photos were shot. Did you get a chance to visit South Luangwa too?

Your pictures are outstanding. They almost make me weep. Some majestic animals deserve to live in wide, open spaces of their natural habitat. Not in some cage behind bars.

Well done.

Ian (whyone) in One!

Insomniac - although I was there for 10 days I only spent the time split between two camps.

Thanks again to all who have taken the time to comment, as I have said before I am still genuinely appreciative to be getting comments on these. They were my first quick selection of over 2000 shots I took on the trip so keep your eye out for the second set!

Back