zoo in the snow (added edited shot)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone :)
I had planned to go to Ogwen in Snowdonia and photograph the mountains in the snow but checked on the webcam and most of the snow had gone so went to Chester zoo instead
Really glad I did and there was loads of snow there too:)

cforemail_zps6233cbb5.jpg

c1foremail_zpsa80655fd.jpg

sforemail_zps7eb7282a.jpg

have redited the second shot and posted it up

Last edited:
#2 is really nice and the 'bambi' pose of #3 is hilarious. Still something really wrong with a cheetah in the snow - got a few shots of the rhino's in the snow and it just doesn't 'compute' if you know what I mean.

.DAVID.

Thanks David :)
Know what you mean about cheetahs in the snow bet they never see any in Africa :D
I did try to get shots of the tigers in the snow but they wouldn't cooperate

Thanks Stuart got lucky and had a couple of hours of sun today:)

That second cheetah shot is just superb, lovely eye contact
Good set overall, like them (y)

Another vote for the second cheetah. Slight shame about the oof grass or whtever it is but it's no big deal.

It's odd seeing a cheetah in the snow but it looks great and (as per your other thread) the exposure looks good.

Nice set Pete, but I have to agree with everyone else.
2nd Cheetah (y)

Thanks Ingrid, Phil and Cobra :)

The Cheetah loved the snow she was racing up and down the enclosure could not get any shots tho I was too slow:D

was glad the exposures came out OK
I posted another thread about shooting in the snow.
I found that I needed plus 2/3 to 1 exposure compensation, 1 1/3 was too much

Will have a go at getting rid of the out of focus stems , could not avoid them it was tricky getting a nice low angle on the Cheetah

Re edited the second Cheetah shot content aware fill is magic:D
c-10fill_zps36b3d2bc.jpg

Can't really say I noticed the OOF grass Oooops

Wow what a great set.

Love the Cheetah shots - where were you taking them from to get the angle you did? Whenever I go there I always find myself looking down on them :crying:

Love the Cheetah shots - where were you taking them from to get the angle you did? Whenever I go there I always find myself looking down on them :crying:

Thanks Matt :)
I was in the big Yurt enclosure the smaller enclosure the other side as you say is no good for photography
There is normally only 1 Cheetah , one of the females, in the big enclosure tho which does not make it easy
I was shooting through the fence on the slope rather than over the fence
Its a bit awkward focussing through the wire but worth it:)

Thanks for that, I know where you mean. Made for some great eye contact in your shots.

No worries Matt :)
I was made up with these shots:) always try to get eye contact with the big cats but dont always manage it:D

That last edit of the cheetah is just gorgeous :clap:

Back