Nikon School's DVD - Guide to Creative Lighting

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
When Nikon sent me their usual marketing email message with news of their new DVD from the Nikon School – “A Hands-on Guide To Creative Lighting”, I thought to myself, “At last! Some real material to help get the most out of my SB-800 flash units.” I checked out the promo video online and was suitably impressed, so I ordered the DVD and also a companion book to go along with it.

It's too long to post here so I posted part I of my review of the DVD on my blog.

If you'd like to take a look at the review, you can find it here.

Best regards

Nigel

I have just been recommended this DVD - any chance of some nice person in the US letting me get it shipped to them and then posteing it to London? :)

I bought a copy when I was out of the country and it's pretty decent. It's far better than the last Nikon lighting DVD which was pretty much just a sales pitch for their speedlights, I'm not sure there is anything on here that you can't pick up elsewhere. But it's pretty handy for Nikon users.

I really, REALLY recommend the OneLight Workshop (http://www.onelightworkshop.com/DVD_Ordering.html) although it's pricey. The strobist DVD set is also excellent.

I bought a copy when I was out of the country and it's pretty decent. It's far better than the last Nikon lighting DVD which was pretty much just a sales pitch for their speedlights, I'm not sure there is anything on here that you can't pick up elsewhere. But it's pretty handy for Nikon users.

I really, REALLY recommend the OneLight Workshop (http://www.onelightworkshop.com/DVD_Ordering.html) although it's pricey. The strobist DVD set is also excellent.

Which one of the two would you recommend for someone just getting into flash photography, looking for practical tips for shooting a wedding? :)

Which one of the two would you recommend for someone just getting into flash photography, looking for practical tips for shooting a wedding? :)

The Strobist DVD is now available in the UK from The Flash Centre and works out at about half the cost of the OneLight one. Both are worth getting, the Strobist one has a more indepth equipment section and is basically a film of one of David Hobby's seminars, whereas the Zack Arias disc takes a different, although equally interesting approach. Neither specifically cover wedding shooting.

Back