Aeromodeling

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Been a while since I have shared some aeromodeling pics with you all so I thought I would provide some more. This is my other hobby and it gives me quite good opportunity to get the camera out at the same time.

Wasn't quite sure which section I should put these in as they are neither motorsport or transport :thinking:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

a quickr pickr post

A couple more;

7)

8)

9)

Looks very skillful,hope you weren't togging at the same time though, as that would be showing off :D
Particularly like #7 & also 9 for the scale (y)

I used to do this but don't get the time these days. I always like to look though. I'm looking forward to the LMA weekend at Cosford soon, combined with a look round the museum and Shropshire.

Scale is difficult with models I must say, very difficult to see that most of these are over 3m in wing span and quite serious "toys" :LOL:

Here's a few more to provide a bit more scale, one very small electric foamy (1), one 50cc based model (2) and one 150cc based model (3);

1)

2)

3)

a quickr pickr post

I used to fly these years ago, last model I had was the Kyosho Easy Street. If any of you aeromodelers go to any of the main shows you would of probably seen my Dad flying. Chris Martindale his name is, does a bit of flying with the guys over at Overlander. As has been said, scale is pretty hard to get with these things, you have done well imo!

You should be a member of the BMFA which then provides public liability insurance. This covers you when flying at an affiliated club but I believe you are also covered when in any public place. Good sense at least says that small electric stuff for public areas and larger models for club sites.

Surely is a lot of fun but these guys are very good. I am lucky to fly with some of the best in the country who compete all over Europe. Makes for very good pictures as they fly very low and hence provide some nice background and sense of scale. Most pilots are quite boring to photograph after a while as it is just a plane against the sky, could be small or large......

Back