Canon Bg-E3 help needed!

R

Rob.Richards

Firstly I just want to clarify does a the BG-e3 grip magazine accept both aa and standard canon batteries as I cant figure it out! I have just bought a s/h one off ebay and there is only the magazine for aa's in it?

If the answer is no, anyone know where I can get one from and how much it would be?

Cheers

Rob

Rob

The answer to your question is yes, it takes both the 6xAAs and 2xcanon batteries. You will need to eject the AA battery tray and simply slide in the 2 Canon batteries.

Ian

Original: Phew thanks for that!

New! I have tried this and there is no way I can see to remove the AA magazine and replace it with the camera batteries. Are there 2 different types of magazine? I have searched online and cant see anything. It doesnt look like a 3rd party magazine seems quite genuine but I could be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
The BG-E3 does come with two magazines, one for the AA batteries and the standard one for the two Canon batteries.

It sounds as if you wernt provided the magazine for the Canon batteries.

I've had a quick look round but can't find any for sale anywhere using a description to search. I'll get the original part number tonight and try again for you.

(the AA tray is a BGM-E3A, not that this helps an awful lot)

There should be a tray that takes AA and another tray that takes one or two camera batteries.

If you only have one tray then you've been swizzed!

Yep reckon your right - will register paypal dispute now part code BGM-EL3 is missing!

Back