2010 was a great year, 2011 is an exciting adventure

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Like many 'pro's' [people paid to take pictures, so there are no arguments over it] I started, and indeed still, working part-time, mainly because we have another business anyway, but also to allow me the time and flexibilty to build and learn.

A year or so ago I decided to bite the bullet and see whether weddings were my 'thing' - the idea had left me feeling cold previously, but I guess an increase in confidence, both with myself and my kit left me wondering if it was an option to add to the other stuff I had been doing.

Finally in April I started on them, first with Ryan [ryanyboy] who wanted a second/assistant and the also with Colin [Hacker] and later in the year with Geoff [geoff-d70] and Dave [MD], the latter two more as an 'equal' and which was so very flattering ;)

To all those guys I want to say a huge thankyou for having the confidence in me but especially Colin and Ryan from whom I learnt so much, I couldn't even begin to write it all down. You guys were just absolute stars, the whole year. Both allowed me pretty much a free rein in terms of what I shot and how I used it and I owe them an awful lot. :clap:

Another thankyou goes to Simon Revill, who not only organised 2 workshops that I attended, enjoyed and again learnt a lot just having a willing model and being able to set things up, shoot and process with no pressure, but also for his behind the scenes stuff, the emails with advice and help on post procesing, thanks mate, you have been invaluable (y)

Finally a quick word about working as a 2nd and/or assistant - if weddings are what you want to do, DO IT!! It is not time wasted, it is an essential imo.

So, here are a few pictures from the year, and there is a full set on my year round up post on my BLOG as well as more fro each wedding featured in its own post. I have not neccessarily chosen the best pictures of the year, more the ones I like or had some meaning in some way.

1 - a shared moment from 1st wedding with Colin

WGI_3155.jpg

2 - I got some of my favourite 'detail' shots if the year at this wedding with Ryan, where the couple set up a steam powered fairground on their farm

YWP_5125.jpg

3 - bit of a thing for groomsmen and benches this year :LOL:

YWP_5567.jpg

4 - well, given my cricket addiction, this wedding with Geoff was a bit memorable... ;)

YWP_1682.jpg

5 - christmas is coming, a very recent bridesmaid, with Colin

YWP_7078.jpg

6 - even more recent and probably my best bridal portrait of the year, helped in no small measure by the weather and again, Colin...errrr, no, that isn't him, I promise :D

YWP_7840.jpg

2011 looms large and I for one can't wait for it to start. 2010 has been an absolute blast and I know that I will work again with some of the brilliant chaps mentioned earlier in this thread, its not a bad life really :woot:

Some nice work there Yvonne.(y)

If I may say I feel that "imho" you have come further this year with your photography than anyone else I know.

Keep up the good work .

Best regards Dave:wave:

Fab work Yv, we, Julie and I wish you all the best for 2011 (y) look forward to seeing lots more of your inspiring work (y) both photographic and here on TP (y)

Ok, 1 I just dont like... and 6 looks a bit PS in but the rest are all good shots, and I do like the stuff you have done over the year.

Just from stuff on the forum, I love the images Simon and Ryan have done, so if you have picked up just 20% of what they know, you will have a great year and make many couples very happy!

That is just a very small selection of some of the excellent images Yvonne has produced this year and I have seen her confidence and images grow with every wedding we have done together. She has been uber-reliable and has supported me when I have been having off days due to personal circumstances and for that I am eternally grateful.

Great stuff Yv and here's to 2011, I hope to work with you again - it's has been an absolute pleasure.

(y)

Just to echo Dave Yvonne, these are great and I think of everyone I know your photography has come on the most this year.

It always good to see people progress and recognise those that have helped them along the way. Good luck for 2011 Yv.

A nice round up Yvonne. It's been really good this last year watching people like yourself and your progression, look forward to seeing more of your work this year.

Ok, 1 I just dont like... and 6 looks a bit PS in but the rest are all good shots, and I do like the stuff you have done over the year.

Just from stuff on the forum, I love the images Simon and Ryan have done, so if you have picked up just 20% of what they know, you will have a great year and make many couples very happy!

Thanks, looking forward to putting it all into practice this year... (y)

All great shots Yv, but #6 is just LUSH :love:

:clap:

Thankyou (y)

That is just a very small selection of some of the excellent images Yvonne has produced this year and I have seen her confidence and images grow with every wedding we have done together. She has been uber-reliable and has supported me when I have been having off days due to personal circumstances and for that I am eternally grateful.

Great stuff Yv and here's to 2011, I hope to work with you again - it's has been an absolute pleasure.

(y)

:D << nuff said

Just to echo Dave Yvonne, these are great and I think of everyone I know your photography has come on the most this year.

Thanks Hugh, its good to hear that from another photographer who's work I really admire (y)

Really good to see you enjoying it Yvonne. You've come on leaps and bounds this year.

Lovely shots, onwards and upwards. :clap:

Thanks Bud, much appreciated (y)

awesome stuff Yv, you have made massive improvements this year, great job.

It always good to see people progress and recognise those that have helped them along the way. Good luck for 2011 Yv.

Thanks fellas :D

A nice round up Yvonne. It's been really good this last year watching people like yourself and your progression, look forward to seeing more of your work this year.

Thankyou, will try not to bore anyone with too much of it, but looking forward it (y)

Good begining!

Thankyou :)

Finally a quick word about working as a 2nd and/or assistant - if weddings are what you want to do, DO IT!! It is not time wasted, it is an essential imo.

I hope to use you as an inspiration and would love to follow your lead, if only I could find regular assistant work.

Lovely images from last year, your images show a progression of skill and confidence and I'm sure the couples have been as happy as you have been with your work . Good luck in 2011

Great shots Yvonne!

What are your plans for 2011? With shots like those are you planning to be the main photographer at a wedding?

Late as usual......

Yvonne - if anyone deserves success in the Wedding Photography field it's you. You were absolutely fantastic at the 6 or 7 (8?) weddings you helped me with. From lugging kit, taking fantastic photos yourself, interacting with the couples and their guests and helping pick me up when my world felt like it was falling apart (sounds like me and Colin have quite a bit in common). Utterly brilliant and you always carried it off in a very professional manner.

You certainly have the photography skills to make it as a pro in your own right. And (arguably, more importantly) you have the people skills, organisational skills and general business acumen to do it very well. I can't wait to see the results from your own weddings and it would be an honour to return the favour - kit lugger, second shooter, whatever. I think I owe you several!!

Best wishes.

Ryan

P.S Hope you're still up for getting your hands dirty from time to time again too this year.

Last edited:
Some great work there Yvonne, and good to see you're doing well :)

This forum is great (most of the time! ;)) and some very friendly and helpful people on here.

I like you want to get into Wedding photography, and its good to see someone like yourself develop and receive the oppurtunities to build your togging skills.......Lets hope i get a similar oppurtunity and build up to become a wedding photographer one day :bonk:

Back